I'll show you mine, if you show me yours? CD3 buffer

Options
CH46E
CH46E Posts: 3,553
edited August 2017 in 2 Channel Audio
I was about to place an order for Clarity Caps SA for the Yaolin CD3 buffer. Then i thought. I better take the cover off and make sure i have the same values in mine as other.

Replacing the four .47 blue blocks and and the two .22. I know there aint much in there.

Any other suggestions? Does yours have the same inside?

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Auricap is another. I will do mine one of these days. Remember size of the new caps comes into play here. Some physically will be too big to fit.
  • CH46E
    edited August 2017
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Auricap is another. I will do mine one of these days. Remember size of the new caps comes into play here. Some physically will be too big to fit.

Right, i did read most of the thread you posted about the upgrades in another thread. From what people were saying is that the SA Clarity Caps will fit. I guess we will find out.

• pitdogg2
    edited August 2017
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Right, i did read most of the thread you posted about the upgrades in another thread. From what people were saying is that the SA Clarity Caps will fit. I guess we will find out.

Good to know I'll tuck that away for the future.
  • CH46E
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Partsconnexion contacted me today. 10 weeks out the the Clarity Caps SA .47uf. So im waiting to hear back about the CSA .47. Hope they have them.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Isn't that just the newest version of the clarity cap?
  • CH46E
    Options
    So Parts Connexion hooked me up well. Got the CSA series for a good deal. Now i have to find my Cardas solder and soldering tools that are somewhere in the garage.
  • CH46E
    Options
    These came today. Looks like im going to have to stagger one of them to make them fit. Going to be tight. I would try to do it tomorrow but it looks like i may be putting up our shutters for the storm instead.

nadrvvjawvjm.jpg
    zsu39xsm1ss1.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    That will be tight. Are you planning on switching the electrolytics?
  • CH46E
    Options
    They are for the power supply right? I did not plan to.

I dont plan to buy any more caps for anything until i start on the 12b's crossover.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Worse case, add a spacer between the bottom plate of the buffer and the frame to give yourself some room.

Alternately install some taller legs and bypass the bottom alltogether...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)