Oppo 105 vs Musical Fidelity A1 CD Pro player

NotaSuv
NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
Very tough one here... back and forth I went ....box one up only to unpack it and box the other 4 or 5 times I think..signal runs into a Parasound Halo Int thru MIT S3ICs to Mirage M3SI thru bi wired AQ Gibraltar speaker cables covers the basics...I loved my oppo and thought I would just keep the two but its time for a new rod and reel and one needed to go...the cds that won me over to keep the newly acquired and very rarely seen A1 Pro were Steel Pulse greatest hits and Pink Floyds Pulse...the details.. the lil tiny details this player brings out is amazing...very easy to listen to just draws ya in and before you know it 4 hours have past by...will be listing a black oppo 105 sometime this week.............

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Musical fidelity cd units do pull a lot of detail out of the disk for sure. Nice pickup!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I'm not surprised.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'm not surprised.

Is anyone really ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    The 105 is an average disc spinner at best (a great blu-ray player though). A buddy of mine has some musical fidelity gear and I love the sound.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Says a lot about the Oppo that you boxed them each up 4 or 5 times. I've never heard a single piece of Musical Fidelity gear, but I'd love to. I really like the looks of most of the stuff I've seen and their sound quality reputation speaks for itself.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    I think we get use to a certain sound over time and when a new source is introduced it sounds "off" at first. I enjoyed the oppo 105 but the more I listened to the MF the more I liked what I was hearing...