B&W CM 10 or Polk's LSiM 707?

Which do y'all prefer? Both same price. Both towers.

Have LSiM 703 bookshelves. Very happy with them. Always been intrigued by B&W.

Always thought the 703's would become my rears in a HT but can always find a place for them in another room.
AVR: Marantz SR 5011
L/ R: Polk Audio 703 LSiM (Bi Amp'd)
C: Polk Audio 255c - LS
R: Def Tech
Sub: PSW 505 (12 inch)
DVD: Oppo UDP 203
TV: 2016 Sony XBR 75X850D

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I have not heard the 707, but I own the cm10s2.

For the price it's an absolutely great speaker.

It's on clearance right now at Magnolia as there's a new series coming out in a few weeks.

My friend purchased a pair for a staggeringly low price of $1399 each, instead of $2000 each.

To me, that's a no brainer.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    As much as I liked the 705's I had, I am going to agree with Joey on this one. I am not a huge B&W fan but, I did like the 10's. Fast punch on them and I thought quite enjoyable but, I did hear them on tubes not SS. Make sure you take a listen before you buy if you can.

The other B&W I liked quite a bit is the PM1.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Interesting Ernie

I have both the cm10s2 and the PM1
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Absolutely the Cm-10's. They my friend are a sweet sounding speaker.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    edited August 2017
    Ya. I know. Strange from me lol. The pm1 is very musical I thought. Pleasing sounding, detailed without being in your face and a realistic soundstage . A couple of years ago Skip was the one who told me to check them out. The cm 10 for the money I thought played above its price point, solid sounding and really good speed like the Jm labs ... I think it was 836 (not the w series) but not not as in your face as the jm labs was on the top end.

Joey I can't say I blame ya for having both. They both are good, they just brings different things to the table.

Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Loved the PM1. Cant hardly find em used, and they really hold their value.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Would the OP benefit from a power upgrade to may the most of the B&Ws?