"Borrow" your Anthem ARC mic

Options
So apparently Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10 wont recognize the mic that came with the MRX-X00 series (300, 500, 700).

I have a MRX-500 and full ARC kit. I did use to have a Windows XP machine, but it bit the dust and I replaced it with a better Windows 10 machine....

But now I cant re calibrate my system without the "new" Anthem mic. I'm waiting to get a quote on one from my local dealer, but was wondering if anyone out there had one of the newer mics that they wouldn't mind sending me so I could calibrate my system after moving things around.

If you have one, drop me a PM.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    Options
    When I went from XP to 10 my adapter would not work, could it just be the adapter?
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited August 2017
    Options
    gwh wrote: »
    When I went from XP to 10 my adapter would not work, could it just be the adapter?

I contacted Anthem directly and the error I was getting was solely related to the Microphone not being recognized as being plugged in. I was able to open ARC just fine, and the Keyspan serial to USB adapter worked perfectly, triggering the ARC calibration screen on my Anthem.

I had re-installed ARC, verified I had the correct version of the software, uninstalled and reinstalled the USB Drivers, tried about 5 different USB cables, none of which worked. So I emailed them :smile:

This was their verbatim response:
    This is a problem with Windows versions newer than Vista and our older microphones. Your options are to try and use a computer with Vista or XP to run ARC, or we could sell you a new microphone that will work with Windows 10. For whatever reason newer versions of windows can’t properly install the drivers from the older microphones.

If you would like to order a new microphone they are $109 + shipping. Part# 2080000283

These can be ordered at a local dealer or by contacting our parts desk directly.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    kgl412k6d4ci.jpg

Universal compatibility......
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    Options
    I have one that came with my MRX 300 you can borrow....pm me if you need it.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    gwh wrote: »
    I have one that came with my MRX 300 you can borrow....pm me if you need it.

That will likely have the same issue as mine given it's the same series AVR, so it will be the same series mic too I would think
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    I have a

Mini DSP UMIK-1

Dunno if it will work with your software/OS combo tho
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I'm confused...I did my setup with a windows 10 laptop...I think.....

Or did I still have XP......?

The madness!!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »

The madness!!!

Try to run a sweep with it on Windows 10 for giggles...
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    I have a

Mini DSP UMIK-1

Dunno if it will work with your software/OS combo tho

It won't :(. I have one of those two.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    Sorry, I only have the old one from my MRX300
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    Options
    Hey Dan, I've got one from the 510, the next generation compared to yours. Unfortunately I don't have one from the absolute newest one.

Let me know if that'll work for you.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »

The madness!!!

Try to run a sweep with it on Windows 10 for giggles...

I'll try and pull the box out of storage in the next day or so.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,463
    Options
    Can you get your hands on VMware Workstation? Or might be a trial you can use to setup an XP VM. Not sure how it will work since it's ultimately going through Win10, but if it's only a matter of software/driver functionality, it'd get you XP.
    I disabled signatures.