PSW1000 Dead, Options To Fix Needed

Options
Got a 10 year+ old like new psw1000 that went dead, fuse is good, have power from the on/off switch going to the circuit board, no lights or anything.not versed in anything to check beyond that. I've done some searches of similar no power issues.Hoping to get a schematic from Polk, what are the chances of that? I have a relative who is an electrical engineer, literally can fix or mod anything, so if faulty components are available reparing it would be ideal. It has the Bash logo and I understand that is the brand amp and have read of issues regarding those and of replacing. Aside from Polk, are there any other source options for schematics of the amps used? Or recommend Ed retrofits, etc? Thanks

Comments

• K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Welcome to the forum!

After trying to fix ours, or get it fixed, we found the general consensus, was that they are either not easily fixed, or parts and schematics are not readily available.

Seems to be a design that fails after several years, and is not easily 'fixable"

Since we have other subs, it was not the end of the world to us, but I truly liked ours, and how it matched the Lsi Speakers looks wise, and the sound it had.

Some have installed new plate amplifiers with success from Dayton Audio.