Parasound A21

Options
Second owner, purchased from original owner here about 6 months ago. Plays beautifully. Cosmetically good, a few minor blemishes shown in photos. This is a Polk contributing member price at my discretion, so, if you're going to contact me and ask me to call Parasound and track down the serial number and give you an exhaustive history on this unit don't waste your time. If you 're a contributing member you know how to track the history of this amp.

I've never pushed this amp very hard because it has way more power than any speaker I have can handle. Thought I would keep it to run with the SDA's I'm going to finish...one day...but, I'm consolidating funds for something further up the food chain. For the most part it has just sat since I got it. I've probably put 30-40 hours on it max.

I have original double box packaging and stock power cord.

$1380

Buyer pays PP fees (or can PP gift) and actual shipping and insurance (if requested) from 40056 zip code.
4pjilui2auis.jpg
qn1jd6hiq7no.jpg
g8tpto8lkjr5.jpg
81flc39bwpvz.jpg
wxwri0rzeefc.jpg

Comments

• motorhead43026
    Options
    Heck of a deal.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Why do you have so many amps!!!!?????!!!! :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Ummm, I have a bit of a problem. I went through a period where if I was curious about an amp I bought it so I could hear it in my system. Perils of not having a dealer nearby. I've learned a lot in the process.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    Heck of a deal.

On a very awesome amp
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • kharp1
    Options
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Damm...this amp is on my bucket list of gear. This or the mono blocks. Someone buy this before I get myself in trouble!
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    Options
    " Ummm, I have a bit of a problem. I went through a period where if I was curious about an amp I bought it so I could hear it in my system. Perils of not having a dealer nearby. I've learned a lot in the process. "

That pretty much sums up my problem.
  • kharp1
    Options
    geppy1 wrote: »
    " Ummm, I have a bit of a problem. I went through a period where if I was curious about an amp I bought it so I could hear it in my system. Perils of not having a dealer nearby. I've learned a lot in the process. "

That pretty much sums up my problem.

I'm not complaining, mind you, I've had worse problems. :D
  • kharp1
    Options
    Will entertain reasonable offers, however, reasonable is the operative word here. Insulting offers like the one I received a couple of days ago from US Audio Mart will be met with cursing and other stuff directions on what you can do to yourself.
  • TNTsTunes
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Will entertain reasonable offers, however, reasonable is the operative word here. Insulting offers like the one I received a couple of days ago from US Audio Mart will be met with cursing and other stuff directions on what you can do to yourself.

I'm guessing 2 wooden nickels, a patched blow up doll named Shirley, half a bottle of cheap whiskey and a Pink Floyd 8 track isn't going to cut it then.... ;)

"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• kharp1
    Options
    Man, I quit drinking so the whiskey is a deal breaker. I am interested in Shirley so maybe we can work something out.
  • TNTsTunes
    Options
    How about if I swap out the whiskey for a strawberry Yoo-hoo pink drink that will tickle your tastebuds with it's light, funky flavor???

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    IMO, don't lower your price. There's nothing wrong with your price--you just need the right buyer to come along. I would have grabbed it weeks ago if I didn't have so many other projects going right now.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • kharp1
    Options
    This is sold pending transfer of funds. Now, to talk myself in to parting with the Marsh and McCormack.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    McCormack you say?
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Don't do it Man. Don't do it!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Gerres26
    Options
    Which McCormack are you thinking of parting with??
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    edited September 2017
    Options
    voltz wrote: »

Yes Do It Russ. Come on Daryl, feed his addiction. Or did you mean don't sell it? :o
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • kharp1
    edited September 2017
    Options
    If I part with the McCormack DNA 125 the original owner, Halo, has first dibs.

I've decided that I prefer the tube sound to SS and am building that way. Consolidating in anticipation of The Beast.
  • TNTsTunes
    Options
    This is sold pending transfer of funds. Now, to talk myself in to parting with the Marsh and McCormack.

Congrats on the sale. I figured it would go quick, no one like to compete with Shirley.

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    dkfreebird wrote: »

Yes Do It Russ. Come on Daryl, feed his addiction. Or did you mean don't sell it? :o

LOL both maybe :) Most here know what they get when they get a McCormack!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

An amp? :|
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    TNTsTunes wrote: »

Congrats on the sale. I figured it would go quick, no one like to compete with Shirley.

Why was Shirley never involved in the Krell discussion... :)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

An amp? :|

Surely.
  • kharp1
    Options
    I've turned my McCormack in to a DIY assembly project. All the parts are there...