Corner subs for my theater build

2»

Comments

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,596
    I'm sitting right next to you, dipstick. Grab a hammer.
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I just want it done!!! :D

You and me both.

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,166
    lightman1 wrote: »

You and me both.

I will throw a hammer at your stupid face!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    2 Channel: Silverline Audio Sonatina MKI, Monitor 5 Series II, DIY Seas based bookies
    LR 2 Channel: LSi7, DSW-MP2000
    HT: JTR Triple 8 LCRs, DIYSG Volt 8LX Surrounds, DIYSG Volt 6LX Atmos, 6 SI HT-18D2 Subs
    Guest BR 2 Channel: Swans D1080MKII
    Deck: Pyle BT Speaker pair with upgraded woofers
  • ThortonThorton Posts: 982
    Lookin good so far. Can't wait to see the progression on the Theater Room.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7, Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7, Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Subs: 2 - Polk DSW PRO660WI, IC & Speaker Cables: Signal Cable, Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics

You and me both.

Quit being a sissy and jump, chromedome!
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,813

You and me both.

Quit being a sissy and jump, chromedome!

He's gonna program that echo dot to go off ever 15 minutes all night long you keep this up Russ hehehe....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,828

You and me both.

Won't help looks to have been done numerous times ......
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

You and me both.

Won't help looks to have been done numerous times ......

:D :D ...Yep. I won't be winning any beauty contests anytime soon!

I know your address, Ivan.....
    edited October 20
    Well, it can definitely get loud...but I have only hooked up 2 at a time for testing...

daoadmx4hwl6.jpg

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    2 Channel: Silverline Audio Sonatina MKI, Monitor 5 Series II, DIY Seas based bookies
    HT: JTR Triple 8 LCRs, DIYSG Volt 8LX Surrounds, DIYSG Volt 6LX Atmos, 6 SI HT-18D2 Subs
    o772tzwu925l.jpg
    zc6muhf3jk7n.jpg

• NotaSuvNotaSuv Posts: 2,408
    where might I ask did you get the black paint....
    NotaSuv wrote: »

It isn't black paint. It's Photoshop.

NotaSuv wrote: »

It isn't black paint. It's Photoshop.

He colored them with all the coal he’s accumulated over the years from Santa

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mikeyb128mikeyb128 Posts: 2,456
    Holy smokes! This will sound unreal! Can’t wait to see finished pics.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP03, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii , Eastern Electric minimax phono pre, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries mini, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Holy smokes! This will sound unreal! Can’t wait to see finished pics.

I can’t wait for opening night lol....
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,879
    Well, it can definitely get loud...but I have only hooked up 2 at a time for testing...

daoadmx4hwl6.jpg

Have you reinforced your house and used screws and glue everywhere to hold the place together?
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
    Dedicated theater build using some of the best soundproofing and containment methodologies...but you never know if it is enough until the first time you run the 10hz sine wave from The Edge of Tomorrow intro...

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,879
    Take some physical measurements around the room and after a few really loud movies, retake them and see if anything...moved?
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,769
    Such a sweet build.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver PM-600

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
2»