LS50 advertisement

a247slacker
a247slacker Posts: 6
edited August 2017 in Vintage Speakers
t7297z0conv8.jpg
sharing the advertisement in case anyone is interested! I have the LS50 in the color on the far left original purchaser when they fist came out, also have the CS350 center still sound as good as they did when I bough them, about as close to mint condition as you will find.
Post edited by a247slacker on

Comments

• oops sorry I was just sharing the picture in case other owners were interested in it. not for sale. thank you
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    oops sorry I was just sharing the picture in case other owners were interested in it. not for sale. thank you

Cool deal. Welcome to CP. I'm an LS fan myself (see sig)
  • thank you! Do you recall if the LS50's and the CS350 came with a instructions? I cant recall if they did. I'm sure I did not throw them out if they did, but will need to dig for them. you have a great setup for sure the 90's for fronts and the 50's for rear! I have only the R15 for rear.
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    beytaciygvul.jpg
    a7ydi7kmymro.jpg

I picked up a good set of LS a couple years ago. The previous owner had this build sheet from the 70's.
    My dad is now retired and runs the 70's every day. He loves them.Mom not so much.
    I have the 90/350 setup in the office.
    Great line from Polk for sure.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • very nice thanks for sharing great photo!
  • Are the towers to the outsides in the above photo a ported design? And model number for them is? Thx.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Slapaho wrote: »
    Are the towers to the outsides in the above photo a ported design? And model number for them is? Thx.

The outside ones are LS90's. They are rear ported.
  • Thanks. Figured they were probably a vented cabinet design since the rest of the line up was. They look like something I'd dig and will need to keep my eyes open for a pair. Thanks again.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Slapaho wrote: »
    Thanks. Figured they were probably a vented cabinet design since the rest of the line up was. They look like something I'd dig and will need to keep my eyes open for a pair. Thanks again.

Nice speakers, the only complaint I ever heard was about the grills being a little fragile.
  • Ended up getting a system together with stuff I already have. B&W DM604's where easiest to get to and sound better than I remember. They'll do.
  • B&W 640 N's. Also have some 803's somewhere around here I got for way too cheap to pass up and a B&W 12" powered sub I need to take back out of my wife's room. From what I've seen around here B&W stuff isn't much cared for but it sure sounds decent to me.

Also listened to a pair of first gen Bose 601's out of storage. WMG and I are probably the only guys here that agree they sound pretty dam good. Just need to replace their rubber feet with spikes and they'd be even more respectable. Came across a Bose turn table I'd completely forgot about having too to play with. Got something to do today other than watch Formula 1, Indy, and Premier League soccer.