Cork.... done Yes Sir that's the way!

Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    Cork isn't too tolerant of getting wet, though, is it?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    edited August 2017
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

So i guess they just put it in "dry" wine then?

Yes i mentioned that earlier in the thread. I seen some installed on this old house. In the show it didn't seem to have many negatives but who knows i have no experience with it.
    Just a thought
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

So i guess they just put it in "dry" wine then?

Yes i mentioned that earlier in the thread. I seen some installed on this old house. In the show it didn't seem to have many negatives but who knows i have no experience with it.
    Just a thought

It swells in response to moisture; that's why it's a great choice to... umm... cork wine. :)

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Cork isn't an option for me; we have 2 cats and a dog. And it apparently isn't very durable with pets, moving furniture (like scooting kitchen chairs, etc). I am intrigued by the duraceramic and have been doing a lot of reading on it. If we were planning on staying in the house, we would have definitely gone this route. As it stands, we have opted for the sheet vinyl Armstrong logan falls still water pattern. Spoke to our realtor and he recommended vinyl as the kitchen has no upgrades as it is (original cabinets, laminate countertops, etc). He suggested that doing the floor and not the counters or cabinets wouldn't be advisable. And also, redoing the entire kitchen wasn't recommended as the new buyer may not like the pattern, color, style, etc. He advised that we redo the floor with a durable product and leave it at that. I tend to agree - and if we do decide to stay in this house long term, we can then redo the kitchen at a later date and not be out a ton of money if we decide to change the floor.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Good advise and plan IMO...
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Ceramic tile if you are a DIYer type with OCD. Go with the pre mixed thin set mortar. I will never buy the mix it yourself thin set again....not worth the cost savings imo. Also, non sanded grout with smaller spacers between tile is easier to work with.