Starting Over...

Options
2»

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited September 2017
    Options
    So this is a few days overdue but had family in town over the holiday so haven't had a chance to post, but I did reach out and thank people individually and you know who you are.

I owe a HUGE thanks to the forum for offering to step up and help me piece together a system. Even knowing the generosity of this forum the response that I got here and offers from multiple people to send gear my way was unexpected.

I've had a number of people contact me directly offering to give/loan/give a killer price on various gear...way more than I could use or possibly accept. Hopefully these folks don't mind me calling them out but Halen, Skip, Ron, Darryl, Fred, Russ, and Don have all reached out to try and help in various ways.

I've managed to build this system with gear loaned to me by Ron (preamp), Darryl (amp) and Fred (speakers) and the sound is light years better than what I could have afforded to spend right now.

0nuvi2xpja87.jpg
    Post edited by AsSiMiLaTeD on
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Looks like the right pieces came together
    All silver and all tubes

Very cool

My pleasure
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Nice! Back in the saddle again.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Looks like the right pieces came together
    All silver and all tubes

Very cool

My pleasure

I forgot I have some Silver Cables too B)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Options
    Cool. I'm glad you're back on your feet, so to speak.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    Looks like a great system. Glad it all came together for you. Enjoy!
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit