Crossover recap complete

Options
Well i finally got a few hours the other day to take the crossovers out of my 1.2tls and get to work on them. I would have to say the hardest part was getting the old glue off of the caps/boards. :# I went with mills resistors and i chose ClarityCap ESA over Sonicap just because I've read they are close in quality and i found the ClarityCaps on sale about half off. Needless to say, it was too good of a deal to pass up. Anyway, here are a few pics of the upgrade.
v25lm7fnju8f.jpg
e6vv50z5o6fd.jpg
z8svibl03bou.jpg
0czetlf76xs5.jpg

I only have about 5 hours on them so far but, i will say the highs seem cleaner, bass is faster and the soundstage is a little more precise than they were stock. I know people say i need to allow them to burn in for a while before it all gets settled in so i really can't wait for that. I still need to order up some spikes for my next "cheap" upgrade.

Comments

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Options
    Very nice job! Looks great.

Where did you find ClarityCaps on sale?
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 863
    Options
    Madisound..this was about a month ago so I'm not sure if the deal is still going.
  • WhorsePye
    Options
    Nice work. I am very interested in your experience reinstalling these into the speaker cabinet. For example, do you need to remove or modify any cabinet structure for access or clearance? Did you need to work thru the passive radiator opening, etc. In other words, when everything is reassembled, what were the gotchas. Thanks Gerres26.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    Options
    Nice, should have added a set of gimpods boards, would have given you a lot more room to work with the new bigger claritycaps..
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 863
    Options
    Yea, im too cheap to upgrade the boards lol but it definitely would have been easier to fit the parts if i had though...Everything fit just fine back into the cabinet. The 1.2tls have the plate on the front of the speaker that the crossover attaches to so no need to go through the passive radiator. I checked to make sure it fit after completing the first one so if there were any issues i would just have to fix one and not both.