WTB Polk Audio SDA 1.2TL

Looking for a pair 1.2TL's. I am currently on the east coast until November.

Comments

• Willing to drive and pick-up.
  • While I would drive to the moon for the right pair, I am hoping to find a pair on the eastern US.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,226
    Be patient and don't overlook 1.2's.
  • EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,078
    The big ones tend to show up less frequently now than a few years ago, but I would also not hesitate to pick up a pair of 2.3TLs if I was looking for a pair of big SDAs.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Toshiba HD-DVD Player; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Parasound JC2 Preamp; Sonic Frontiers Power 2 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio P1000; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Pioneer Elite SC97 receiver; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables
  • Hi Emlyn, I would consider a pair of 2.3TL's as well. Just want to revisit with the 1.2TL's in stock form if I can. Then do some of the KILLER upgrades!
  • HI pittdogg2, I am looking specifically at the 1.2TL's because I purchased them new in 1991. It would be so fun visit with them again. I was 18 years old and I saved for two years to get them along with a Adcom GFA-565, Adcom 555 II and a Nakamichi cd player. At 20 years old, I was faced with letting them go. I have always missed them.
  • nspindelnspindel Posts: 5,287
    I think @Lasareath might be selling a pair. Last I heard he had a spare set, location is NJ. Sal are you still looking for a buyer?
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • Thanks nspinel.
    shanedrew wrote: »
    HI pittdogg2, I am looking specifically at the 1.2TL's because I purchased them new in 1991. It would be so fun visit with them again. I was 18 years old and I saved for two years to get them along with a Adcom GFA-565, Adcom 555 II and a Nakamichi cd player. At 20 years old, I was faced with letting them go. I have always missed them.

you're going to update the XO on them, I get what you're saying but 1.2 can be modded to 1.2TL.
  • Hi pitdogg2, If I am lucky to score a pair, stock for a moment and then on to upgrades!
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,490
    I've got an already upgraded pair for you, if you wanna go down the 2.3TL highway ...

this should cover their history . . .

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/166212/fully-modded-sda-srs-2-3tl-for-sale-1300/p1

btw, I'm in SE Mich 48098
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Definitive Technology BP-2
    Center Definitive Technology C-1
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    Pre Cary SLP-98 Hot Rod
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Source Oppo 105
    PS Audio AC-12
    Wires MIT S3.3
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,619
    I'm not in the market for these, but I wonder if the pictures could be reposted. There was a snafu with the previous thread about them.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    No snafu photobucket fubared everyone who used them.
  • Gerres26Gerres26 Posts: 336
    SRS 1.2 with original boxes just popped up on CL for $1895 obo about an hour north of Baltimore. It looks like it could be a guy I've dealt with before and if so he's good people but im not certain its him.
    https://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-sda-srs-12/6271214292.html
  • monepolkmonepolk Posts: 839
    You should be on the road right about now.
    edited August 2017
    Yea, they come up for sale so infrequently that when they do they normally don't last long. Especially possibly being NOS in original boxes.
    I just checked and its not the seller i thought it was. But either way, definitely worth looking into.
  • Just got back from seeing the Eclipse in South Carolina. THANK YOU! I just emailed him!!!
  • If you are still looking and want to consider 2.3TL let me know. I have a pair in good condition. I’m in GA
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 39,980
    Ummm.....the OP is banned not to mention you need 100 posts to sell anything here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• Oh ok, I didn’t know that .... sorry.