Marantz SA-8004 SACD/CD Player

Options
Am moving up the chain and putting up for sale my Marantz SA-8004 SACD/CD player.

Price is $450 + shipping + PayPal (or gift as family/friend).

I am the original owner and comes with original box + remote, stock power chord, and manual.

It is in very good condition. There is one very light scratch on top (one inch long) but is otherwise in excellent condition. Have had zero issues playing discs.

Will post pictures later.

Parasound P5 Pre
Marantz AV 7703 Pre/Pro
Outlaw 7500 Amp
Marantz SA14s1 SACD/CD
Rega Planar 2 TT
Polk Audio Speakers: LSiM 705 Fronts, LC65FX Surround, LSiM 704c
Oppo BDP-103

Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I must resist!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I must resist!

No you mustn't
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
  • DForeman
    DForeman Posts: 468
    Options
    Here's some pics.
    d53u953o7apb.jpg

szbp9ur0xmrs.jpg
    7u3mb2bipn0l.jpg
    jbafbfzyov3u.jpg
    8ru2uwpgep8g.jpg
    k2t4w0kv2khr.jpg
    Parasound P5 Pre
    Marantz AV 7703 Pre/Pro
    Outlaw 7500 Amp
    Marantz SA14s1 SACD/CD
    Rega Planar 2 TT
    Oppo BDP-103
  • kharp1
    Options
    Since I know Russ is going to come in with some goofy low-ball offer like $28.56, let me say I'm coming in strong with a solid $33.18 offer! And I'll throw in a bag of Frito's.

Looks like it's brand new. I love my Marantz SACD player. GLWTS.
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Options
    I'll chime in here - I owned this player and loved it. But I used it primarily as a DAC for a Squeezebox, so I went to the NA8005. Same DAC as the SA8005, but it was on sale for considerably less. I was fine with giving up the disc player in exchange for the costless upgrade of the DAC. But I had zero complaints with this player, and I sold mine for a lot more than DForeman is asking. That's a killer price. Someone really ought to buy this, you'll be very pleased with it. GLWTS.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Ok deal here can't beat a Marantz SACD player someone should pick this baby up nice player decent DAC decent price somebody pull the trigger on this.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Check your PM....thanks
  • DForeman
    DForeman Posts: 468
    Options
    This is sold. Thx Kev
    Parasound P5 Pre
    Marantz AV 7703 Pre/Pro
    Outlaw 7500 Amp
    Marantz SA14s1 SACD/CD
    Rega Planar 2 TT
    Oppo BDP-103
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Well, this worked out well for everyone! Congrats!
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Sometimes the stars align when selling audio gear!
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Perfect transaction....enjoying the new player as I type. Thank you sir!
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Options
    At one point, I owned a Benchmark DAC-1. Great gear, but not quite the sound I was looking for. I replaced it with a Wyred4Sound DAC-2, and loved it. But then I came upon the Marantz-SA8004, and when I put it head to head with the DAC-2 just using it as a DAC, I liked it more! I was able to sell the Wyred4Sound for $400 more than the Marantz cost me. So it was basically like getting paid $400 for a DAC upgrade, and I was able to play SACD for free!

But I never got all that into the SACD's, for me the Marantz was mainly a DAC. So when the NA-8005 ended up on sale big time, I sold the SA-8004 here on the forum. So now I have the 8005 DAC, but no ability to play SACD any more. I'm good with that!

You'll love this player, amazing sound quality! Congrats to both sides of the transaction!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • kevhed72
    Options
    I haven't hooked it up yet for SACD or tried the internal DAC...just keep with my Shiit Bifrost DAC for the time being. The unit itself is beautiful and now I have just one silver piece of gear yet to move on from aesthetically. Early thoughts on the unit as a transport only....it sounds tighter and more precise, especially with tubes I suppose.
  • kharp1
    Options
    Would love to hear how the Marantz DAC compares to the Shiit.
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I haven't hooked it up yet for SACD or tried the internal DAC...just keep with my Shiit Bifrost DAC for the time being. The unit itself is beautiful and now I have just one silver piece of gear yet to move on from aesthetically. Early thoughts on the unit as a transport only....it sounds tighter and more precise, especially with tubes I suppose.

That's funny, Because the Teac I got from you is the only piece of Silver gear in my stack!

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »

Me too
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • kevhed72
    Options
    The Shiit DAC is the last remaining piece of gear. I should have time this weekend to do some comparisons of the DACs and post some impressions
  • Jaybeez
    Options
    The Shiit DAC is the last remaining piece of gear. I should have time this weekend to do some comparisons of the DACs and post some impressions

Did you ever compare these?
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

WiiM Mini
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • Jaybeez
    Options

Just went through my ALAC "reference list" with both. Schiit wins by a nose. A tad more detail. I'll be holding onto the Bifrost for the time being.
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

WiiM Mini
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Jaybeez wrote: »

Just went through my ALAC "reference list" with both. Schiit wins by a nose. A tad more detail. I'll be holding onto the Bifrost for the time being.
    I found the same when comparing these DACs....very close and Schiit a bit more analytical, Marantz a bit smoother.
    Why is this still sitting here??
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Jaybeez wrote: »

I found the same when comparing these DACs....very close and Schiit a bit more analytical, Marantz a bit smoother.
    Why is this still sitting here??

I'm cornfused...why is what still sitting where!?!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Nope...Im cornfused...I thought this was the other Marantz for sale here. Im blaming the diet.