Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    ^ I'd buy one!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I think I'm leaking...too lazy to get up and go.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »

This isn't LSAF! Get a hold of yourself man!!!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

This isn't LSAF! Get a hold of yourself man!!!

I would advise against that. You could go blind.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    They were at one time working on one. The prototype used to be at Polk HQ in Baltimore.

Is this the TT you're talking about?
    ye67ra6m93g4.jpg

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Just look at those LP threads bloom!

Heck, Polk could roll out a turntable; everybody else has, or soon will.

DSC_3477.JPG
    plx-1000-main.png?h=630&w=1200&hash=055F8A0B8A884559DAAB947CF2B8EA433A2BD205
    Denon-DPA100-turntable.jpg
    tn-300-na_angled.jpg

Even Mobile Fidelity has a new line of turntables.
    derp. Forgot them. :/
    Thanks!

mofi.jpg

I think a Polk tt is the way to go. Maybe a heart-shaped platter, in honor of the heritage. Y'know? Mac = big blue meters. Polk = dotting the "i" with a heart :)

polk_audio.png

LA24359LOGO-b
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Yeah. Yeah!
    With so many OEM "opportunities", the time is right!

nshku6y1lf7a.png

2pnr9iojpy3b.png

(artist's conceptions)

;)

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    It's missing the auto-changer functions.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I think that the OEMs can make any changes the customer might want.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    Malbec wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    They were at one time working on one. The prototype used to be at Polk HQ in Baltimore.

Is this the TT you're talking about?
    ye67ra6m93g4.jpg

That's it. I knew there was a pic of it around somewhere, but I couldn't find it, so thanks.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Political Correctness is a doctrine that still works. This place is dead doesn't work, it's the dead wood that doesn't.... work.
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    (In all seriousness) -- oh, yeah -- I forgot that! I have indeed seen that photo :/
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So Warren, are you saying you like picking them up by the clean end?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    edited August 2017
    Options
    That McIntosh MT-10 table is pretty, for $8,000-$10,000 it should be art-like as well as high-end analog. I think the McIntosh gear looks good when combined with other McIntosh pieces. Some other brands were like that too, S.A.E. comes to mind. But what happens to the supplied LOMC cartridge when the speed is upped to 78RPM by the front panel control knob? BZZZZZZZZ, arm goes flying-broken stylus!!!! I would think you would have to change to an appropriate cartridge and stylus to play an old 78 shellac disc. And why did they include 78 on the table anyway, either stupid or smart marketing perhaps?
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    qct37j31i65g.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    y8ta84e09tdd.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    We are all dead and living in a holographic simulation on some pimple faced 30 year old's XBox 1000...

We are all dead, just counting down the days
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    LOL. You got what you wanted. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    We are all dead and living in a holographic simulation on some pimple faced 30 year old's XBox 1000...

They'll never take me alive!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

They'll never take me alive!

Guarantee that
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the earth....or become Steeler fans!!! ;)
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    Options
    I think Jimmy Fallon has one, lucky **** :-)
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    That McIntosh MT-10 table is pretty, for $8,000-$10,000 it should be art-like as well as high-end analog. I think the McIntosh gear looks good when combined with other McIntosh pieces. Some other brands were like that too, S.A.E. comes to mind. But what happens to the supplied LOMC cartridge when the speed is upped to 78RPM by the front panel control knob? BZZZZZZZZ, arm goes flying-broken stylus!!!! I would think you would have to change to an appropriate cartridge and stylus to play an old 78 shellac disc. And why did they include 78 on the table anyway, either stupid or smart marketing perhaps?

POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,427
    Options
    you guys are depressing.

It's rainy here today. Which meannnns...
    It's a good day for, in no particular order...
    • Reading,
    • Music,
    • Movies,
    • Junk Food,
    • Naps,
    • and all other little fun audio projects that we sometimes put off pending an excuse like a rainy day keeping us from all other adult responsibilities requiring travel or work outside, liiiiike...
      • Cleaning records
      • Tidying up racks and cables
      • Working on old gear
    All of which are on my to-do list this weekend while we have this rain hovering.
    Yard is mowed.
    Life is good.
    You freakshows :pB)
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Grey & drizzly here today (too) -- a good hifi/play day.
    Unfortunately, we have an elderly kitteh who is headin' for the door :( so it's also a kitteh death watch day here today. He has an appointment with the infinite on Monday, but it's gonna be a long weekend.

I am going through tubes.
    Zappa (the kitteh) is close by.

On the bright side, I found that danged 5V4GA that disappeared a month or so ago! :/

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,427
    Options
    ah man, really sorry to hear that, Doc :(
    I disabled signatures.