Options
ejx6hthv5y36.jpg

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    :D:D:D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Just look at those LP threads bloom!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    In the beginning
    Good always overpowered the evils
    Of all man's sins...
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Oh .... my. :o

I'm going to need some "alone time".
    Sal Palooza
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Oh .... my. :o

I'm going to need some "alone time".

I hear ya, speakergasm. o:):p
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited August 2017
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

@F1nut,

You probably already know this, but the origin of the definition of "political correctness" you use in your signature is a telegram from President Harry S. Truman to Gen. Douglas MacArthur and Admiral Chester Nimitz in an interchange between them just before the Japanese signed the unconditional surrender that ended the war with Japan:

"Washington, D C
    2120-September 1, 1945
    To: D A MacArthur /C H Nimitz

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of $hit by the clean end!"

Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Someone asked me today while we were talking shop about audio if Matt Polk was "real" or just some staged guy in a lab coat. I had to chuckle at that one....

I explained to him that he was a real guy and that the photos he saw back in the day were actually him. LOL

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited August 2017
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Heck, Polk could roll out a turntable; everybody else has, or soon will.

DSC_3477.JPG
    plx-1000-main.png?h=630&w=1200&hash=055F8A0B8A884559DAAB947CF2B8EA433A2BD205
    Denon-DPA100-turntable.jpg
    tn-300-na_angled.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    That Mac TT is just beautiful
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2017
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

de gustibus non est disputandum.
    I thought it was a joke (Photoshop) the first time I saw it -- but it's real.
    It's not ridiculous, I suppose, except for the completely pointless (except for the obvious bragging rights) speed indicator. It's not a meter per se, just a thing to show what speed is selected in as ostentatious a way as possible.

EDIT: Just my opinions (my gustibus, if you will), of course! :)

• Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I don't know exactly why, but I love the look of Mac gear. I use to hate it when I was younger. I liked the sleek, rounded modern look on electronics. Today I appreciate the look of Mac for what it represents. Mostly solid and built like a tank. That's got it's won appeal to me. If it wasn't $4500, like everything else starts out with McIntosh, I'd buy one.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

de gustibus non est disputandum.
    I thought it was a joke (Photoshop) the first time I saw it -- but it's real.
    It's not ridiculous, I suppose, except for the completely pointless (except for the obvious bragging rights) speed indicator. It's not a meter per se, just a thing to show what speed is selected in as ostentatious a way as possible.

Yea it could be considered gaudy i guess but there is just something about mac stuff i find attractive. Mac stuff has meters and they incorporated it to look like other Mac gear.

That Denon is pretty cool as well it just doesn't jump out and grab you by the sack
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Never dead! This "family" of forum contributors will prevail in the face of adversity and subterfuge!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Three pieces of Mac hardware here; one in use.

32852193760_fca8eb2806_b.jpgDSC_7286 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

I kinda wouldn't mind having a couple of MC-3500s, I will admit.

• F1nut
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I don't know exactly why, but I love the look of Mac gear. I use to hate it when I was younger. I liked the sleek, rounded modern look on electronics.

It's funny, I'm just the opposite.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    But pretty funny they put a meter on it just to show the speed :)

I'm still curious about that Pioneer since I read some stuff about the RumbleFish number being a mistake.
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Never dead! This "family" of forum contributors will prevail in the face of adversity and subterfuge!
    Reported!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    And that Denon looks in'tresting. Is that old or new?
    I disabled signatures.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options

Toolfan66 wrote: »
    ejx6hthv5y36.jpg

Those represent this place quite well.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • lightman1
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Reported!

Good luck......
    I am immortal......

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

@F1nut,

You probably already know this, but the origin of the definition of "political correctness" you use in your signature is a telegram from President Harry S. Truman to Gen. Douglas MacArthur and Admiral Chester Nimitz in an interchange between them just before the Japanese signed the unconditional surrender that ended the war with Japan:

"Washington, D C
    2120-September 1, 1945
    To: D A MacArthur /C H Nimitz

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of $hit by the clean end!"

Regrettably, I must retract the above post.

Apparently, this purported exchange between Truman and MacArthur is just one more hoax perpetrated over the Internet on unsuspecting, gullible, willing believers like myself.

Please forgive my folly, and thanks to @msg for cluing me in about this hoax! :)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options

DSC_3477.JPG
    tn-300-na_angled.jpg

Even Mobile Fidelity has a new line of turntables.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kharp1
    Options
    THIS PLACE IS NOT DEAD AND I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THE FAKE NEWS. FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    We are all dead and living in a holographic simulation on some pimple faced 30 year old's XBox 1000...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    THIS PLACE IS NOT DEAD AND I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THE FAKE NEWS. FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS!

Settle down, Cora...
  • kharp1
    Options
    Same guys FAKE NEWSing here are probably "LEAKER's" as well. Nothing worse than a fake news leaker.
  • F1nut
    Options

DSC_3477.JPG
    tn-300-na_angled.jpg

They were at one time working on one. The prototype used to be at Polk HQ in Baltimore.

President of Club Polk