Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    No, no, no, no -- he's outside.
    Looking in.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2017
    Everyone roll up a big fatty and chill out.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mhardy6647
    Everyone role up a big fatty and chill out.

Dr. Leary would have had a different prescription.
    Just sayin', you know?

:neutral:
  • ^^I like that alternative better. First time 1970 Whoooooohoooooo.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mhardy6647
    ^^I like that alternative better. First time 1970 Whoooooohoooooo.

3d0a8a32e2884546ba80c3e43250cdd6.jpg
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Doc there's no prices on your stamps? ^^^^^
    us73nmfa7frb.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2017
    Guess they must be forever stamps, eh? :)

Heh -- in an amusing case of synchronicity, I have a copy of that book with that exact same cover (i.e., the same printing). What're the odds? ;)

I have absolutely no recollection as to when or where I picked it up. Probably at the swap pile at the Harvard, MA town dump...

(I enjoyed reading, it, too, but I remember noticing that Tom Wolfe had no clue as to what the Dead were up to -- so he probably had no clue vis-a-vis Kesey & the Pranksters, either :/

hhk09a8ea975.jpg
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I enjoyed that book so much that I read it twice, what was it about?

That's funny right thurr
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    tonyb wrote: »
    Seriously guys, stop with the "place is dead" threads. You really want to convince the powers at be the place is dead ? What pray tell do you think happens after they agree with you ? Just sayin'.....
    "What Tony said"
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    qhrqoj57udbl.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    They might seem like forever stamps 20 minutes after licking them but in all reality they are 7 or 8 hour stamps tops B)
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    See you at the clubs.
  • mhardy6647
    See you at the clubs.

rs-178-george-harrison.jpg
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    edited August 2017
    Careful with those older stamp collections. They can carry biological contaminants that my affect your health.
    Quivers down your back bone, etc.

PSA from the early 60's by Dr. Vince Taylor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPxmPdDQtQA
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    Drs. Daltrey, Townshend, Entwistle and Moon (PC) echoed that advice, it might be recalled.

https://youtu.be/xWgxjc7kv3Q