PSB Imagine T2 pics

Options
2»

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Legender wrote: »
    Those look really nice. Couple of people in the office have those, but I've not hear them. I'm wondering how they compare to the 705s. Any insight would be good. Enjoy the new hardware.

I have had both. Completely different sounding speakers. Both are solid and sound great. On this match up, it would come down to personal preference and how much room you have. The T2's do need a little room to breath but, the 705 I feel need more room to breath.

BTW congrats on nice sounding speaker! Very pleasing and easy to listen to and not too picky on placement. I like the ones I had quite a bit.

Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited August 2017
    Options
    "Very pleasing and easy to listen to" agree 100% on that observation. The mid-bass energy brings alot of thrills to the table that make them emotionally involving. They remind me of the Fritz Carbon 7's in that regard; some accuracy is sacrificed for pure listening enjoyment---at least that's my perception. That's a compromise I have no problem accepting. The real kicker, at least as I hear it, is that it doesn't come at the expense of muddying or thickened upper midrange. This is an extremely enjoyable speaker to listen to, but still has the finesse and detail on complex arrangements.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Agreed! 1000% with you on that observation.
    They also have a good vertical height to them. Like you don't have to be 1000% in the sweet spot to enjoy the sound from them and you can walk around the room and they still sound good standing up. Sound extends way past the physical speaker. For their size, they really have a nice sound.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Correct, dispersion seems very good. The treble seems a little laid back, but very clean and natural. The general soundstage placement was just what I was looking for; not in-your-face, and not boringly passive. PSB has struck a good balance that seems to work well with most any genre of music.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Cool Steve.....except ya know......they ain't staying until you rub your junk all over them. Then we know they are keepers. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    Well, I'm out of the running for the Harbeths. :s
  • steveinaz
    Options
    You're not. Talk to me goose.