House F.S.B.O. ??

Options
Anyone here sold one this way? It's a pretty strong market for houses like mine. Can one be sold as is no warranty? Do you need to consult an atty.? House value is about 120k and not sure what a realtor commission would be.

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I think the traditional industry standard is 6% commission. A 3% commission for the seller and buyer parties. I wouldn't purchase FSBO, but that's just me.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a FSBO, EXCEPT the advantage to going with a realtor is they can bring you more qualified buyers and do a lot of the leg work that you as a FSBO would have to do yourself.

IMHO, the 5-6% commission is well worth the costs. Every real estate transaction should have an attorney too. If not your just opening a can of worms.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    charley95 wrote: »
    Anyone here sold one this way? It's a pretty strong market for houses like mine. Can one be sold as is no warranty? Do you need to consult an atty.? House value is about 120k and not sure what a realtor commission would be.
    Always sell with a realtor. Realtors know values better than you and they usually more than pay for their commission by getting a better price than you could on your own. Buyers that buy FSBOs are usually looking for a low-ball deal and don't typically pay what you ask. As is and warranties are location specific--consult a lawyer.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Options
    Thanks guys! I won't hassle with FSBO, I don't like headaches and probably just go with a realtor.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I sold my house last fall , FSBO without a hitch. The buyers used a realtor on their end and paid the commission. Saved me around 30K.
  • Easy Runnin
    Options
    I sold a house that way. No warranties, no lawyers, no problems. The house needed work and was priced to sell and sold in about 2 weeks.
    HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
    2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
    BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    I wouldn't buy a house w/ B.O.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Sold my last house as a FSBO, took 30 days, but I priced it accordingly. Buy through a realtor, sell as a FSBO.....always use a lawyer in either case.

Unless you don't want the little hassles that come with selling on your own, then just go realtor for both sides of the fence.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well I'm a real estate agent, so my opinion is a bit biased. But there's a reason that only 5% of homes listed for sale by owner ever actually close. It's an inherently antagonistic process - most buyers want a bargain, most sellers want a windfall. Without professionals in the middle handling the negotiations, all too often FSBO transactions end up with one party saying to the other party "F ** K YOU!" and the other replies "F ** K ME??? F ** K YOU!!!!"

The idea is for one party to purchase a home, and for the other party to sell a home. Not to just find someone to say "F ** K YOU" to and have them come back with the same reply.

As for attorneys, the process varies from state to state. Here in Florida, it's rare to use one. Boilerplate contract templates have been worked out between the realtors association and the bar association, realtors fill in the blanks. Attorneys are only used if there is a complication.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • tonyb
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Every state has contract templates, but without an attorney most are not well equipped to figure out the fine print.....or the liability that goes along with it.

The few hundred bucks is worth the peace of mind.

Here in Illinois, it's a clusterfvck like everything this state does. You want your new house to close with no problems, and the old one too. Problems on either side can result in lost time and money. They both have to go off without a hitch if your selling and buying at the same time. Lots of variables can get in the way of that.

Every situation is different though, so really all depends on your needs and time frame if you want to sell by owner or not. Plus....a Realtor is beholden to the seller, not the buyer. The only person working on behalf of the buyer is an attorney.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's