This place is dead

Options

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    adb3da wrote: »
    Did something happen yesterday that I missed?

Yep there was nothing to see
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Maybe this'll help liven things up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

I just puked a little in my mouth
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Maybe this'll help liven things up...
    d5pfp4gakqv9.jpg
    Damn. You know it's bad when you're willing to Rickroll yourself.
    I disabled signatures.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    That I would nay fall but as dead
    Dead as I can by why' feet, d'ya ken?
    And the wind cried back...
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    I'm heading back on over to Audioholics. Peaceful place.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Bah humbug. I still come here several times a day, although I don't always have anything much to say...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    I'm heading back on over to Audioholics. Peaceful place.

Translated......everyone there settles for less.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Dead I tell you. Two page thread in less than a days time. B)

Good, my plan is working.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Good, my plan is working. Then it's a good plan..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    jxkrkk2dasqn.gif

What happened @lightman1 ?
    Is that a bad wire up on one of your lighting jobs? Always stand off to the side when reengaging the breaker!
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    No affiliation

55z57l9eot39.png
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    jxkrkk2dasqn.gif

Is that a bad wire up on one of your lighting jobs? Always stand off to the side when reengaging the breaker!

Witnessed a 4000A switch gear main go kablooey! once. Luckily, it was a timed make or break. Armed it and hot footed it out of the room closing the doors. Dreadful noise.....
    Factory defective.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    jxkrkk2dasqn.gif

Witnessed a 4000A switch gear main go kablooey! once. Luckily, it was a timed make or break. Armed it and hot footed it out of the room closing the doors. Dreadful noise.....
    Factory defective.

I watched a guy drill into a 470v line.... we picked him up 20' away. Small blister to his hand and drill shrapnel to his arms.
    He was a very lucky s o b
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    Dead I tell you. Two page thread in less than a days time. B)

Good, my plan is working.

Such a svengoli
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    A forum is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of socializing and communicating diverse thoughts and opinions. A forum will continue to exist up until the time that impotent malcontents discover that they can vote themselves power from the mods. From that moment on, the these few jerks, that are powerless in the real world always push for the mods to protect their delicate sensiblilties from mean people that differ with them and to impose their narcissistic standards on the majority, with the result that every forum will finally collapse over pandering to these special snowflakes, (which is) always followed by a moderator dictatorship.

Stick a fork in it. The last one out hit the lights.

• BlueFox
    Options
    LOL. That actually makes sense. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,329
    Options
    When historians study the remnants this society a couple hundred years from now, it won't be bombs, guns, police or thugs that spelled the end. It will be two little words -- "I'm offended", that spelled the end. Those two words have already forever altered comedy, office fun, names of sports teams, the true and correct depiction of historical events, and now even open communication on an Internet forum.

When I first saw the movie "Demolition Man", I thought it was so hokey and over the top (yes, I know it's no cinematic masterpiece), but now the number of truly ridiculous "jokes" from that film that have come true is utterly staggering...

Look out, the three seashells are right around the corner :wink:
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    When historians study the remnants this society a couple hundred years from now, it won't be bombs, guns, police or thugs that spelled the end. It will be two little words -- "I'm offended", that spelled the end. Those two words have already forever altered comedy, office fun, names of sports teams, the true and correct depiction of historical events, and now even open communication on an Internet forum.

When I first saw the movie "Demolition Man", I thought it was so hokey and over the top (yes, I know it's no cinematic masterpiece), but now the number of truly ridiculous "jokes" from that film that have come true is utterly staggering...

Look out, the three seashells are right around the corner :wink:

How about jokes about Teletubbies....those jokes are evolving to come true also.. :/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    A forum is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of socializing and communicating diverse thoughts and opinions. A forum will continue to exist up until the time that impotent malcontents discover that they can vote themselves power from the mods. From that moment on, the these few jerks, that are powerless in the real world always push for the mods to protect their delicate sensiblilties from mean people that differ with them and to impose their narcissistic standards on the majority, with the result that every forum will finally collapse over pandering to these special snowflakes, (which is) always followed by a moderator dictatorship.

Love it man. Had to quote it for it to be read and re-read again. Snowflakes. Give them phantom power and voice. Puppets.

Don't they all want trophies for coming in last place and never putting out the effort.

Yeah. I would rather be alone. In a dead place.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    I think a forum tied to an online retailer of gear which revolves around all the knowledge and passion which has built this forum may be the way to go. I would also like to see more exposure to all types of music, especially new music....almost a place for music lovers and audio gear lovers to connect. Nothing too mainstream like all the crap you here on radio, but serious music reviews and history. I have been kicking around this idea for awhile....I think you could get smaller music labels and smaller gear manufacturers to advertise. I know a bit about web design and a good amount about music....as many of you do. I need a creative outlet aside from my corporate drudgery....and I have a few friends out west who are good with graphics and design. Who's with me on this....
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »

OK, check this out, see you're throwin' too many big words at me and because I don't understand them I'm going to take them as disrespect...so watch your mouth and help me with the sale.

$1 in pennies to anyone that knows the movie...
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Glengarry Glenross?
  • BlueFox
    edited August 2017
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    This place is as dead as you make it guys. We can liven it up by posting, yes the simple act of posting increases search engine results for one and that's important. Another suggestion, with newbies that log in, welcome them! Involve them but don't belittle or insult them, a touch of honey goes much further than venom. Simply put, be more friendly, hell it can't hurt.

Ken, I agree with your post, but I don't think that is the issue. The real problem is Vanilla, and the heavy handed Taliban style moderation that has completely eliminated discussions and differences of opinion. That is what is driving people away, and keeping people from joining. Who cares about a forum where everything is the same and bland, which is the modern definition of Vanilla. Which is to bad, since I love French Vanilla ice cream. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    This place is as dead as you make it guys. We can liven it up by posting, yes the simple act of posting increases search engine results for one and that's important. Another suggestion, with newbies that log in, welcome them! Involve them but don't belittle or insult them, a touch of honey goes much further than venom. Simply put, be more friendly, hell it can't hurt.

Ken, I agree with your post, but I don't think that is the issue. The real problem is Vanilla, and the heavy handed Taliban style moderation that has completely eliminated discussions and differences of opinion. That is what is driving people away, and keeping people from joining. Who cares about a forum where everything is the same and bland, which is the modern definition of Vanilla. Which is to bad, since I love French Vanilla ice cream. :)

I don't have any empirical evidence to truly blame Vanilla. Do you my friend? One of my small duties, spare time with nothing else to do... Is data mine traffic. One of ny favorites is the neural network mining concept.
    Anyhow...

Cheers my friend.
  • BlueFox
    Options
    No, just observational from how things were before Vanilla, and after its implementation.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    halen wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »

I don't have any empirical evidence to truly blame Vanilla. Do you my friend? One of my small duties, spare time with nothing else to do... Is data mine traffic. One of ny favorites is the neural network mining concept.
    Anyhow...

Cheers my friend.

halen
    Had a huge dip and loss of member activity during the switch to Vanilla
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halen
    Options
    My issue is not the forum. The issue is Polk discounting themselves like a $5 ****
    Probably over run by snowflakes. But I don't give a damn.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    jxkrkk2dasqn.gif

Bad Mexican food...
This discussion has been closed.