This place is dead

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    The venue is an outbuilding for another home; there is an apartment & garage & a 50 x 50 foot performance space for live music, recording, and recorded music reproduction.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    heiney9 wrote: »
    As always has been...........don't like it here, feel free to be on your merry way to other pastures.

I find it ridiculous that certain newer members constantly complain about how bad it is here, yet they stick around and continue to wallow and contribute to the drama they so fervently say they abhor. ...

But the drama, basically, is part of what has made Club Polk entertaining, more often than not!

The threads that have been the most active (including this one) were frequently contentious, and when the "victim" finally gives up, there's nothing left to be entertained with.

For historic reference (and nostalgia for the good ol' days):
    1. The Great Spearker Cables Debate Rises From The Ashes of Time!
    2. The Emotiva Story Reborn!
    So if D&B, or K_M (Kylie Minogue?!) actually left, this thread would be extinct after all.

:*

The thread was moving just fine without them...

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    Indeed, like Generalissimo Francisco Franco, the place would still be dead.

https://youtu.be/butZyxI-PRs
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Funny how DonnerUndBlitzen, and K_M come into this thread, turn it to garbage, yet get to stick around... Better yet there are many threads that show the same behavior, and still crickets from the Mods!!!

Whats up Ken?? There's no better thread to judge by where it starts than right here..

Both are not who they say they are, and both are here just to stir the pot to get one of the members banned, I would bet Jesse is the one in their cross hairs for the most part..

Serious question: why are these two still here??

So donner and blitzen and I joined the forum with the sole mission of getting F1nut banned and to "Stir the pot"?
    That is utterly laughable.

The paranoid thing is getting a bit old with me. Assuming every new person that comes here and dares to speak their own opinion, or dares to argue or simply does not like some silly behavour of your "Family", is making you guys appear as if you do not really want anyone new here.

I get you guys hated that X=Capris guy, I get you hated, that GateCrasher guy< I get you hate Donner and blitzen, I get you hate Me now......

Do you see a pattern? Everyone is out to get you "Guys", they are trolls, they must be pot stirrers, they must be banned members back from the dead, they must be not who they say they are.....it has become laughable.

For all the good I have found in this forum and several nice people I have met, there seems to be just as many looking to keep it closed to this Collective "Family" I keep hearing about.....

• K_M
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Funny how DonnerUndBlitzen, and K_M come into this thread, turn it to garbage, yet get to stick around... Better yet there are many threads that show the same behavior, and still crickets from the Mods!!!

Whats up Ken?? There's no better thread to judge by where it starts than right here..

Both are not who they say they are, and both are here just to stir the pot to get one of the members banned, I would bet Jesse is the one in their cross hairs for the most part..

The part of K_M is that at one time I had a PM where I was told "her and her husband" use the same account. It's like a bipolar person you never seem to know who is who here. The wife went on to tell me they were friends with Xcapri. So do we have a tripolar personality here? Are they sharing their log in with others who have been banned ? You have to admit like I said earlier in the thread they always seem to show up in post to rehash other threads and sling the same old garbage. It's like tell the lie enough to enough people then it must be true. K_M has been asked questions numerous time about statement's they she/he made yet we are constantly tossed a curve ball or here watch the left hand do not watch the right hand. Why not just answer the question? I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT who was in contact with them about all the stuff they keep bringing up. I am talking about simple question on gear and thoughts about recaps,wires or other stuff.

Either way the borg mentality and beating up on people just is not as bad as they are trying to make it seem. Do we get testy sure, when someone comes here to ask question someone will spell out their experience to the thread starting question asking person and anyone who didn't agree with the already preconceived answer they had wanted to hear or had in their head to just start to poo poo everything. DK hit on the in his thread about the 7$ tax thing. Someone offered to pay the guy out of their own pocket and the guy was going to have none of it he was on a mission plain and simple. Not only that but it was brought up that he could get his money back by filling out some paperwork for a refund still he was having none of that. then it got testy. He came here to trash Polk for $7.00 and WE WERE going to have none of that.

If you were in my "collective" of friends and audio associates and recording associates, you might know what happened to my husband a while back.

I have NO contact with Xcapri, nor even know him, other than him Pming me some when he was here a long while back. More paranoid theories..and laughable.

I chose to quit answering MOST questions, as I quickly found every answer I gave was simply bait for more bashing.

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    ^ Skip's point proven.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited August 2017
    Options
    K_M wrote: »
    I will address a few points you made.

"living in fear"....maybe not the best choice of words to describe the situation here.
    "Fear of being ridiculed", may be a more accurate term.
    "Fear of Bickering" or 5 pages of insults, and tedious GIF's and silly pictures being posted that have nothing to do with the actual topic, pro or con.

As to how many. I am not positive now as regards to an actual number, but for sure over a dozen, and most expressed, that there are several others that feel the same, but not sure if those numbers overlap with the actual members that did contact or were contacted by me.

None of the issues here are truly about disagreeing. People disagree all the time.
    But the issues in the forum, from my honest view, and I have found that many others actually agree, is that there is a "Herd" mentality, to gang up on anyone that dares to disagree or is not part of the "Clique" or this "Family" a few keep mentioning.

To address WHY people have "Come to me" with these concerns:

I made it known, I did not like the Behavour openly in the forum, and then was ridiculed, called a troll, called former members names that had been banned, and told to leave, call a pot stirrer and several other childish terms.

I Pmed several members, asking if this behavour was normal at the forum.

I got several replies back and several unsolicited replies related to the bashing I took from a handful of long term forum members, "Apologizing" for the actions of certain members, trying to explain that "That is just how it is here, has been for years, but no one will actually DO anything about it"

None of this is actually all that incredible to believe as DSKIP has mentioned also.
    I chose to protect the identities of the members relating their opinions as most mentioned they do not want to get "Involved" into non stop bickering and being called names and so on, for Daring to side with an "OUTSIDER" of the small Band of guys, that routinely do this stuff to newer people, or anyone they decide to "Gang up on"

I even had one long term member confide to me, that they were purposely making snide comments to certain new members, to create more animosity within their uh "Family" of veteran members, cause they know they can set them off easily and enjoy watching the "Drama" unfold.

A few told me, they "Pretend" to agree with some of the "Family" of veteran members, simply to "Get along", but in reality they have much different feelings or beliefs.

So out of courtesy to those that PMed me, I shall Not mention their names.

K_M, Great post!

Anyone who dares to question or offer an opposing point of view to "the collective" gets trashed and bashed at this forum .

What a term THE COLLECTIVE! That term has been used by many here. Instead of individual Americans thinking for and speaking for themselves, it implies group think by people that either can't, or are afraid to think and speak for themselves. It also implies this: "I can be a part of this 'social club' and find acceptance so long as I keep my mouth shut, don't think and speak for myself, and most importantly, don't dare to go against THE COLLECTIVE."

"The Collective" is the main reason this place is dead. How can you have a forum with the exchange of ideas by independent, think for themselves people when there is a "collective" mentality? Answer is - you can't! The collective mentality is by nature anti-forum and it is what has killed this forum.

The Collective's Borg nightmare:

"Mommy, when I grow up I don't want to be a farmer, a fireman, nor even a frontiersman, I WANT TO BE A PART OF THE COLLECTIVE. Mommy, don't you know that 'Resistance is Futile! You shall be assimilated into THE COLLECTIVE - or else.'"

Not a lot of doubt why either of you are here.

If it is so terrible why not participate on another and far better forum? I certainly would if i hated the place and members like you all seem to.

Edit: to be clear, I'n not asking anyone to leave, not my place to do that. Just saying I would if it were so miserable to me.

Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Ken, can we close this dumb **** thread already?
  • vmaxer
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    ^ Skip's point proven.

Hi ZLTFUL:

I won't resort to calling you a "D-Bag" as you called me earlier in this thread. Nor will I hold my breath expecting anyone from your "COLLECTIVE" to ever object to your behavior, and that includes DSkip. Let's not forget, YOU got banned for your despicable behavior and that even included your threatening the moderator.

Let's now resume our talk about hypocrisy and ZLTFUL calling the kettle black. You are back to trying to stir up trouble.

Best regards,

DuB o:)

This certainly wouldn't be stirring?
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Options
    This place is DEAD because Joey_V is not posting any new thread?

We need these new toys threads here, Joey!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    megasat16 wrote: »

I think he's locked up over at the audio rehab building.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    megasat16 wrote: »

I think he's locked up over at the audio rehab building.

You means he is taking a temporary refuge at the Arkham Asylum? Who would have thought a Dr. would end up there?
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So donner and blitzen and I joined the forum with the sole mission of getting F1nut banned and to "Stir the pot"?

The paranoid thing is getting a bit old with me. Assuming every new person that comes here and dares to speak their own opinion, or dares to argue or simply does not like some silly behavour of your "Family", is making you guys appear as if you do not really want anyone new here.

You may laugh, but the concern about people trolls coming to this forum to start mess is based on well-documented fact.

@jinjuku and @xcapri79 came to this forum with the expressed purpose of "cleaning up Club Polk". How were they going to do that? They were going to continually troll members they vehemently disagreed with in the hopes of getting those members to act out in ways that would get them permanently banned.

When @jinjuku was permanently banned, he came back under the name @Habanero Monk, was outted, and was banned again. This shows you how dedicated he was to his cause of "cleaning up Club Polk. When jinjuku and Xcapri79 were banned, they went back to their "home" forums and announced their bans, while insulting the members of this forum.

As for being paranoid, I find that accusation insanely bizarre. You are the one being held in close confidence by adults who are too paranoid about being ridiculed on a forum where people can voice their opinions ANONYMOUSLY. So who's really paranoid?

Calling attention to a very real issue is not paranoia. Being scared to express an opinion on an anonymous Internet forum is a symptom of paranoia.
    I get you guys hated that X=Capris guy, I get you hated, that GateCrasher guy< I get you hate Donner and blitzen, I get you hate Me now......

Hate you? Hate others? No. You give yourself way too much credit. We are not the ones assuming multiple identities and going around the Internet disparaging people who disagree with us about audio. When your confidant expressed a desire to troll certain members, did you ask him why he hated those members so much?

I don't hate a gnat that keeps buzzing around my food when I am trying to enjoy an outdoor meal. It's just an annoyance that must dealt with.

If someone has a different opinion that they can substantiate with facts, that opinion is actually unassailable even if it is ridiculed and vehemently disagreed with (e.g. "the earth is spherical, rather than planar").
    Do you see a pattern? Everyone is out to get you "Guys", they are trolls, they must be pot stirrers, they must be banned members back from the dead, they must be not who they say they are.....it has become laughable.

Yes, I do see some patterns:

People come here to start mess, then when the tables are turned on them, they cry victim. That is the standard operating procedure for passive-aggressive bullies who find the tables turned on them. I do understand the mental anguish that results when people possessed of a superior attitude come here to ridicule, and then are exposed for being clueless jerks. One has to wonder why they didn't just stay on their home forums and continue to be coddled by like-minded passive-aggressives.

I see a pattern of continually complaining about being "mistreated", yet the forum has several readily available remedies for ACTUAL abuse. If you and others of similar mindset felt you actually had a case for what you claim, you would go through proper redress channels rather than continually pulling the victim card every chance you get.
    For all the good I have found in this forum and several nice people I have met, there seems to be just as many looking to keep it closed to this Collective "Family" I keep hearing about.....

This forum is quite unlike others that I am, and have been, a member of. For all the talk of bashing new members, the opposite is actually true. The case was cited above of a new member who came here with a negative attitude toward Polk Customer Service due to being charged $7 in tax. One of the members here, @nooshinjohn offered to send him the money.

Other examples are:

1. Members outright giving away equipment or selling equipment far below market value to help another member reach a higher level of audio performance.

2. Members going to great time, effort, and expense ( @Toolfan66 , @gimpod ) manufacturing custom parts for improved performance.

3. Frequent meet-ups offline to share experiences with gear.

4. Members showing genuine concern in preventing members from getting taken in audio purchases.

Since you are obviously an "outsider", explain how the "Collective Family" has prevented you from enjoying forum resources. This is something you can actually take up with a moderator and/or Polk's management.

By the way, one thing you seem to be ignorant of is that this "Collective Family" you so derisively refer to did not come about as a consequence of having a high post count or longevity, but rather, it came about as a consequence of years of service to the forum and to its members. I can understand how someone who does not have a service-oriented mindset would be blind to that aspect of the forum.
    DSkip wrote: »
    Perhaps we should choose to quit bringing up the family aspect as well.

Why? If that's how some members feel about their experience on the forum, what is the harm in that? People who are new or who are infrequently active are not coerced into closer association.

To reiterate, no one who comes to this forum and acts in a responsible, courteous, and respectful manner is treated with suspicion and disdain.

People who come here with ulterior motives and ulterior agendas typically have an unsatisfactory membership experience.

Post edited by DarqueKnight on
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    For the record, I'd just like to say may lack of posting on this forum has never been about any of the members here. I'm just anti-social! I'll be the first to admit that no one wants to hear when they first join that they purchased the wrong amp. "It's not powerful enough for the speakers and doesn't have pre outs." You can either take offense to that or listen to the suggestions and try a few things that were recommended and see if they hold true. I listened and learned and have a much nicer HT system than I ever expected to own. When I first joined, no one was rude to me. I asked a lot of questions and some members are straight to the point, others joked around with me. Why do people join a fraternity in college? They certainly aren't treated with kid gloves when they are a pledge. But they stick with it. And when it's over they become part of a community. I just don't see the big deal.

I have the perfect analogy for my first experience joining here. America's Got Talent. I posted with a story about my experience with Polk, and that I had purchased some used Polk speakers. I had a lot of members contribute. The three I remember most were like the AGT judges. First there was dskip, He's Howie, his answers to your question are nice, friendly, funny, but he'll tell you the truth. tonyb, he's like the lady judges on AGT. He'll answer your questions, tell you that you should probably go a different route than you were going to go (which angers some), but calls you "pal" in the same statement. You probably don't see the similarities between Tony and the AGT ladies. Well, Tony has a tendency to lock himself out of his house or hotel room wearing nothing but underwear. That is how I like to envision the female judges on AGT. F1nut, he's Simon Cowell. Blunt, straight forward, to the point. Some people think Simon is rude or purposely hurtful, some have respect for him telling the truth even if the truth hurts, some think he's funny, some think his criticism is helpful. Then there's me, I'm Nick Cannon, completely useless and serves no purpose here. America's Got Talent is number one in the Nielsen Media Research ratings. No one has tried to fire any of the judges. They did fire the host, Nick Cannon. Maybe my days are numbered.

This is an audio forum, and I don't have a lot to contribute because I don't have experience with all the "gear" others have here. If some topic pops up that has something to do with something I've tried, I'll post. My only gripe when I first joined was not being able to view the flea market. Back then, you couldn't even view it until you had so many posts. I didn't come here to buy or sell stuff, but I had absolutely no knowledge of higher end brand names and as a result, I ended up purchasing a few Monster products as I was building my system because that was the only name I was familiar with. I completely understand the flea market rules, and a couple years after joining I made one purchase from the flea market and I never had any worries, I had full trust in the individual. Right now I try to pop in once a month or so and skim over the thread topics. Since I don't consider myself an active member, I stay out of the karma threads because I think it would be in poor taste in enter them because I'm never here and don't participate much. I think I've entered two since joining here, and one was offered by Polk themselves. A forum that gives away stuff for free! That is not the behavior of a hostile environment. When someone joins here, introduces themselves and tells a story as to why they joined (as I did), they are always greeted with open arms. When someone joins, takes offense to some of the comments they get and posts snide remarks themselves, they are going to receive the same. It took me awhile to figure out personalities here, I kid around with members I never thought I'd interact with when I first joined. You can't take bluntness as rudeness, there's a difference. I've had members rub me the wrong way, but they got a clean slate with me the next day. It's the internet, people!

The transition to Vanilla caused an immediate decline in forum participation, imo. I still believe that there are forum members trying to find this forum by using the old forum's address saved in their favorites. That doesn't make them the sharpest tools in the shed, I found my way here. I personally hate vanilla. How many people use the facebook/twitter integration? The child-like word censorship, grrr. I love old school Star Trek, and also like the reboot. Hate the inside of the rebooted Enterprise. I'd take the 1960's bridge over the new one. Vanilla is the rebooted Enterprise interior. I think there were about 70 "active" members here right before the Vanilla transition. I don't think all 70 made it here. I don't think Vanilla has anything to do with the subsequent decline. For me, it's less fun posting now. If I post this picture, is it going to be deleted? If I make a sarcastic comment, is it going to get me banned? I thought the whole avatar thing was comical. You do realize that no one could actually read his avatar because the size was so small? Someone actually had to view his profile to see an enlarged picture to be able to make out what the shirt said. If you found it offensive, don't view his profile anymore. Simple. It's like talking to all your neighbors on the phone. Then one day you visit a neighbor's house and take offense to a painting on his wall. So don't go to his house anymore.

I don't take offense to criticism. If I do something, I'd like to do it correctly. I think that's the biggest contributor to bickering around here with new members. When I applied Dynamat to my speakers, I didn't take offense to anyone who said I used too much or too little. I think 90% of the members here probably looked at the speakers I have and thought, "Why bother?" Going further up the chain in Polk's speaker line would have bigger gains. Why bother taking the time to apply Dynamat? But no one made fun of me for trying it. I enjoyed the whole project, finger cuts and all. DK recently made an awesome thread about upgrading/fixing a blu-ray player. It took time and expense. He also mentioned in the same thread that most of his movie collection was on DVD. I'm sure some people thought upgrading his DVD collection to Blu-rays would be more beneficial, but no one made fun of him because if you've read any of his threads, you'd know he enjoys taking things apart and tweaking things. I think this place is great. When I installed an IEC inlet to something, I took pictures through the process to try and make my version of a DK thread. No one made fun of me for doing so, even though I was probably the only person here who didn't know how to install an IEC inlet. Afterwards when someone said they would have installed it horizontally instead of vertically, I didn't take offense. People need thicker skin.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options

More of your side stepping song and dance routine. You said you and x were friends, I saw the PM!!!

You've also twisted someone's words again to try to deflect the truth. No one said your sole purpose here was to get rid of me, they said I may be your main target. Meaning you have other interests as indicated by your constant need to disrupt otherwise civil conversations. You want the world to be as you think it should be. I've got news for you, it'll never happen.

Yes, we see the pattern. As the saying goes, even a blind man could see it. You and Dub are out to change the forum into what you think it should be. You, in particular are purposely vague, deceptive, misinformed, disruptive and argumentative. Not exactly stellar qualities in anyone and yet you wonder why the backlash.

Only someone with issues stays where they are not happy. Think about that one long and hard.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• vmaxer
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »
    ^ Skip's point proven.

Hi ZLTFUL:

I won't resort to calling you a "D-Bag" as you called me earlier in this thread. Nor will I hold my breath expecting anyone from your "COLLECTIVE" to ever object to your behavior, and that includes DSkip. Let's not forget, YOU got banned for your despicable behavior and that even included your threatening the moderator.

Let's now resume our talk about hypocrisy and ZLTFUL calling the kettle black. You are back to trying to stir up trouble.

Best regards,

This certainly wouldn't be stirring?

Hi: Vmaxer:

I'm surprised you even need to ask, since this is a topic you are most expert and adept at. If I respond and stick up for myself, I'm otta line. But if you kibitz all over the forum and make snarky little "clever" remarks that is OK.

I really do not want to refer to you as a hypocrite, so I won't even mention the topic. Please forgive me for even having that word so vividly and forcefully pop into my "twisted little mind." (that is what F1nut wrote about me earlier in this thread. Since I'm not a part of THE COLLECTIVE, I should never, ever dare to offer my opinion about the matters that be in an opinion thread that is about the matters that be! No wonder there are sooooo many at the forum that do not post for fear of offending "THE COLLECTIVE.")

But a brief review may be in order. Maybe you should ask ZLTFUL if his parole and reinstatement was based on the fact that he would mend his ways. He certainly has not. He still trolls my posts and calls me names. He has posted several times after I posted and taken cheap, disrespectful shots at me including name calling. This is the first time I have retorted. Please forgive me for sticking up for myself. I just know that a righteous, even handed, and fair-minded MAN like you would have at some point chimed in and asked ZTFUL to tone things down, even if it was after HE!I froze over. Sorry to have stolen your thunder. o:)

Hey @ZLTFUL - cut it out pal.

Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    ^ Skip's point proven.

Hi ZLTFUL:

Best regards,

Actually, it was your buddy Gatecrasher that threatened the moderator. Which is why he was banned permanently. My conversation with @KenCustomerService was very straight forward and in the end, we both agreed that while I had indeed stepped across the line, my behavior was directly influenced by the misbehavior of others.

So, get your facts straight before you try and call someone out. Once again, adding a smiley at the end of your post doesn't make it any less passive-aggressive. I feel sorry for you really.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    And then you'll notice..that the waster..and the wasted...look like one another...
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @DonnerUndBlitzen

Dear sir or madame.

Many of your posts in this thread seem to have a underlying negative tone to them that could result in your intended message being lost and instead being interpreted as something said in an attempt to be demeaning to a given person or persons. If that was not your intent, then you may want to rephrase future posts so that the wording of your posts are not misunderstood or taken out of context.

As the internet is not face to face, the tone and inflection of a post can be hard to gauge, whereas in normal conversation you have visual and auditory cues to help you decipher the manner in which to frame what someone is saying.

Something intended to be sarcastically funny could be misunderstood and taken as offensive. The use of a emoji in that same comment may or may not help one understand the intent or tone.

I tell you this, because it is your right as a forum member to participate in any thread and speak your mind. However as we all have been warned, respecting other members, even if we disagree with them or have had previous issues with them is important to Polks Management. Ignoring their warning may carry serious consequences regardless of any standing a member may have, percieved or otherwise assumed.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Dear @DonnerUndBlitzen

I am letting you know I have reported your post above. I am very sure your intent is to bait a response in order to get another member in trouble and/or permanently banned.

Should you continue to post comments such as the above in this forum I will have no choice but to continue to report them.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • K_M
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

More of your side stepping song and dance routine. You said you and x were friends, I saw the PM!!!

You've also twisted someone's words again to try to deflect the truth. No one said your sole purpose here was to get rid of me, they said I may be your main target. Meaning you have other interests as indicated by your constant need to disrupt otherwise civil conversations. You want the world to be as you think it should be. I've got news for you, it'll never happen.

Yes, we see the pattern. As the saying goes, even a blind man could see it. You and Dub are out to change the forum into what you think it should be. You, in particular are purposely vague, deceptive, misinformed, disruptive and argumentative. Not exactly stellar qualities in anyone and yet you wonder why the backlash.

Only someone with issues stays where they are not happy. Think about that one long and hard.

I see a lot of value in many of your posts. Truly some great information, "at times".

I think you may be over thinking all this too much, that people even care to target you or get you or whatever term you wish to use.

When people are called names, or ridiculed, or "bashed", you are going to get several that argue back, bicker back with you, or report you.

I think we all will agree ALL of those things seem to happen often with you.

That is not trolling or disrupting the forum, that is simply being sick and tired of rude or disrespectful behavour.

I have seen you bicker back and forth over the last few years, with Many forum members. It seems to be something you feel you have to do.

Cheer up and quit letting others dictate your behavour.
    It is just a Speaker forum.

• ZLTFUL
    edited August 2017
    Options

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

[/quo
    It is just a Speaker forum.

That's where you are the MOST wrong...
This discussion has been closed.