Turntables

123457»

Comments

• soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    That's right -- when Lucas ("Prince of Darkness") made the electronics, the smoke was a feature (in the most Microsoft-ish sense of the term imaginable).

Lucan is the reason the British drink warm beer,
    Lucas made the refrigerators! LOL
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited August 2017
    Well, things didn't work out as I had originally planned, seems Discount Bandit was unable to fulfill they're promised price, so, I snagged this demo Pro-Ject from Audio Advisor for what I felt was a fair price.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1PR2XSB

Will be here tomorrow. I still have so much to do before the baby arrives.

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Nice! Those carbon arms are very good! Which cartridge did you go with?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• kharp1
    This one came with a Sumiko Blue Point 2, and I had already ordered the Denon 110. I may return it and save the $200 for another cart somewhere down the road. @rednedtugent sent me a nice karma starter package of vinyl, so I'm getting anxious.

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    What kinda music you like? I'll send you another vinyl starter package. PM me.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    FWIW, I don't much care for the sound of the Blue Point 2 -- i.e., I heartily endorse a swap to the DL-110.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    FWIW, I don't much care for the sound of the Blue Point 2 -- i.e., I heartily endorse a swap to the DL-110.
    That's it? That's all you have to say?
    Something seems fishy here.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2017
    I once borrowed from a hifi colleague a straight-arm Rotel tt with a straight (as opposed to s-shaped) arm equipped with one. I will admit, I used it with a McIntosh C28 preamp, (which is a dismal-sounding piece of hardware), but it was utterly uninspiring. Not as horrible to my ears as an affordable ;) A-T cartridge, but it was on the unpleasant side of bland to me.

As you know, I like my cartridges to sound sweet, rich & creamy -- maybe even a little Rubenesque. :)

But, as in all things, de gustibus non est disputandum.
  • msg
    That's better.
    Don't let that happen again.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Is it here, yet?!? Is it here?!?
    Way cool on the starter vinyl package.
    kharp1 wrote: »
    ...I snagged this demo Pro-Ject from Audio Advisor for what I felt was a fair price.
    This one came with a Sumiko Blue Point 2, and I had already ordered the Denon 110. I may return it and save the $200 for another cart somewhere down the road. @rednedtugent sent me a nice karma starter package of vinyl, so I'm getting anxious.
    I disabled signatures.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Well, things didn't work out as I had originally planned, seems Discount Bandit was unable to fulfill they're promised price, so, I snagged this demo Pro-Ject from Audio Advisor for what I felt was a fair price.

That my TT :) and I super happy with it, but since it is a HOMC cart they have you use the MM setting on your Phono amp and you will have to turn the volume up a bit.

I bought a SUT (Step up transformer) for mine and the volume went from 12 o'clock to 9 o'clock and you don't have to use one but I found it helped out nicely.

currently using the Lounge audio Copla
    http://www.loungeaudio.com/copla
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • msg
    Well?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    A baby?
    I missed that.
    A real baby? How the heck did that happen?

Bump.
    I disabled signatures.
  • kharp1
    No, not a real baby, the tt baby. It didn't arrive today. FedEx had to reroute it, suppose to be here tomorrow now. I just finished up 5 days off, so, I'm back to working every day again for the near future, so, It may sit a few days before I get it in the system.
  • mhardy6647
    When our kids were in high school, we used to say that our family motto was
    Sleep is for wimps

Words to live by...

;)