5 Ghz vs 2 Ghz

Options
My Verizon/Frontier router took a dump on me 2 weeks ago, so I had to call customer service to order another one (That is a separated discussion for another time). Well a week later, I had to go down to our local service center and ask a tech to come by my home to give me one. The router puts out a dual signal like most new ones do, 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz. Wifi devices in my home have grown as fast as the stock market with over 30 devices:

Laptops
Tablets
Cell phones
Security Cameras
Amazon sticks
and so on

My plan was to move as many devices over to the 5 G network to cut down on the load on the 2 G (and yes I have used all 4 cat 5 ports on the rear of the router). My server in the garage had a 2 G adapter, so I changed it out with a 5 G, this server handles my music, backup for photos and other important documents. The unintintened bonus of switching out that 2 G for the 5 G was better sound stage and depth in my music. I use the squeezebox Touch for my transport in each room of the house (total of 6), after thinking about this bonus it made sense as the server was putting out more bandwidth with 5 G adapter than the old 2 G allowing more of each track to come through. In our world of trying to get the most out of our systems this cheap upgrade ($6.00 online) can increased your enjoyment of your digital collection.
Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX