In wall speakers

Options
stones89
stones89 Posts: 229
Anyone have any experience with in wall or on wall speakers for HT? The Queen is growing tired of my box speakers.
Basis 2200 Signature, Vector 4, Transfiguration Proteus, Allnic H3000, Meridian 200/563, CJ ET5, McIntosh 501's, Thiel CS6, 3.6, Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl, MIT EVO, KS/Wywires PC's

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    I have never done in wall, but have in ceiling for surrounds. My NHTs sound very good, they are actually made to be in walls. With a good sub I think they would be pretty darn satisfying.

I know @Jstas has been really happy with his polk vanquishing series in walls. Might hit him up with questions.

I have some def tech promonitor 800s with wall mounts for a really good price if you are interested. With a sub they WAY bigger than they look: http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/175258/fs-definitive-technology-promonitor-800s-and-procenter-1000#latest

I also have the def tech mythos twos and matching center with brackets. I have a friend thinking about them. If he passes I'll let you know if ur interested.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Here, went through this already.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2330959#Comment_2330959

Several members here have listened to the setup as well and had nothing but praise for it.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    Options
    Thing is w/ any brand you chose your measuring has got to be dead on perfect or else it will look like sh$t. When I was pre wiring houses all Jersey stick built house are 16" on center got the placement, left plenty of slack in the wall cavity and actually took pix of position and left the wire out on a large nail. When time to finish use the template that comes w/all in wall sets and get those heights right. Ceilings while working over head is a pain there is more wiggle room because rafters are spaced differently. We were a Bose distributor and installed hundreds of systems in the hey day of the building boom.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Polk's mounting system makes installation during construction or after a breeze.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!