A real treat. Just some FYI

Options
I was at my local HiFi shop last night and was treated to a listen to the newly arrived Klipsch Speakers. I am not a fan of Klipsch speakers but... These speakers sounded absolutely insane. They are the new Forte III's. They were being powered by a Yamaha A-S3000 @ 54lbs of beauty. Very impressive sound.
ydrz7ofibrxt.jpg
fi502fc3wqpn.jpg

I didnt realize the second photo was a little blurry until i posted it...sorry.
The Forte III's sport a 15" PR in the back along with the bi wire option. The bass was really deep and correct sounding. The tweet and mid horns were never too bright or overpowering. They sounded very smooth. No harshness or sibilance in the female vocals. Male voices were deep and rich sounding.

I was the only one left in the store from 6 to 7:30 so it was like a private audition. The owner went through a few dozen varying music genres and I picked several also. No matter what we threw at it the Forte sounded glorious. His biggest thing was "they are not even broken in yet".

I cant wait to hear these with some tube power. Priced @ $3600
If you get a chance to get your ears on some you will be impressed.

Denon AVR X4200W
Parasound A23 amplifier
Parasound A23 amplifier
LG 65" Ultra HD4k
LG 4kBR - UP970
Denon DVM 4800
Denon DP 3000 turntable
Saec 308sx tonearm w/
Dynavector 10x5 cart
Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
Polk SDA 1C's modded
Polk LSim 707
Polk LSiM706c
Polk RTiA 3's
Polk 80F/X-RT
Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
Infinity bu2 sub
"The early Klingon gets the Gagh"

Comments

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Man those are ugly. I experienced a similar situation with some JBL synthesis speakers. Not a fan of horns, but haven't really heard any I liked. Those JBLs were very nice and smooth. They sounded absolutely fabulous.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.