What should I do in boulder?

Options
I'll be in north boulder for five days next week for a conference. Taking the wife, making a vacation out of it. Been super busy, haven't done much research on the city. I'll have a couple days to spend with her, and she'll have a couple days on her own.

So, any restaurants, shops, outdoor recreation that we must experience? Really looking forward to some really nice meals and wine without the kids!
Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
Game Room 5.1.4:
Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Boulder Theater if you're into live music, Red Rocks close also; there's a couple really good microbreweries. Mountain climbing. Record stores.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Probably no audio on this trip, wifey no likey.

I looked into red rocks. Nothing up my alley, but great of suggestion.

I'll check out boulder theater, thx!

Any particular breweries you'd recommend?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    West End Tavern is one of my "must visits" every time I am in Boulder.
    http://www.thewestendtavern.com/

even if you aren't into motorcycles, Boulder Motorsports is a fantastic place to stop and have an espresso. Brian (owner) and Joel (chief mechanic) are great guys and Joel is also a big blues guy. Known em both for over a decade.
    https://www.bouldermotorsports.com/

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Definitely check out that brewery. Thx!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Take the drive to Denver, and have dinner at Grimaldi's Pizza. The absolute best pizza on the planet (IMHO)... My job takes me within 2 hours of one of their locations (Boise, ID), and I make the 4hr round trip drive without a moments hesitation. FWIW, it's the only pizza Frank Sinatra would order :smile:
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Hike up St. Mary's glacier. Go whitewater rafting. Water will be easy on you this time of year. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    well there's always the green shop's. get your smells on o:)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Oh yeah, forgot about the green shops. Lol.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Isn't that where Mary Samsonite lives?....ah, nevermind, that's Aspen.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • stevep
    stevep Posts: 328
    Options
    Walk Pearl St. Mall for some local color
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Hike up St. Mary's glacier. Go whitewater rafting. Water will be easy on you this time of year. Peace. D

Man if we were there just a day or two longer (kinda wish I would've extended it more but its too late now) I would love to go whitewater rafting, but probably won't happen this year. This conference happens every year, so I am kinda hoping this can be an annual thing.

St. Mary's glacier looks very cool, that might be more our lane this year!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • rooftop59
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    Oh yeah, forgot about the green shops. Lol.

yeah that's tempting, but expensive. I'll probably stick to wine and brews lol...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Tour the Coors Brewery and have a couple of fresh brews on them.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    http://imimotorsports.com/

Serious go kart rentals..you won't be disappointed.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I second the visit to PS Audio for a chance to hear their Infinity IRS V.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »

'Assssssspen... Mmmmm, California!' - Lloyd Christmas

Paul - go pannin' for gold on the Golden River!

I agree with Jeremy M - tour the Coors brewery - it is said that coors light flows from their water fountains - or maybe it just tastes like water... still a very cool tour!

Boulder was one of my favorite towns I'd been to in the States. (Another favorite is Moab, UT.)
  • rooftop59
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    steveinaz wrote: »

'Assssssspen... Mmmmm, California!' - Lloyd Christmas

Paul - go pannin' for gold on the Golden River!

I agree with Jeremy M - tour the Coors brewery - it is said that coors light flows from their water fountains - or maybe it just tastes like water... still a very cool tour!

Boulder was one of my favorite towns I'd been to in the States. (Another favorite is Moab, UT.)

hmm...the Coors brewery is really worth it? Not a big fan of the beer, seems like smaller breweries would be more appealing to the taste buds...

Any cider breweries? The wife definitely won't care for coors, and she really isn't a big beer drinker (she's a wino lol) but she really likes a good cider, whether it be sweet or dry.
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • scubalab
    Options
    Agree Paul - I'm not a huge fan of Coors beer, but it is pretty cool to see such a large scale operation. When I drove cross country with an old college roommate, we hit both the Coors Brewery and the Anhieser-Busch brewery along the route. Both were pretty cool.

Now, my all time FAVORITE brewery tour is the Sands Brewery on Grand Bahama Island. The tour lasts about 30-45 minutes, and the tasting in their 'bar' at the end lasts as long as you want. You definitely need a driver to get you 'home' after that tour!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,032
    Options
    Coors -- like Watney's Red Barrel Ale.

Both are like making love in a rowboat -- and, for a family friendly forum, I'll leave it at that ;)
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Take a hike up Longs Peak and see the Diamond - I climbed the north face route just above it to the top and traversed down the Keyhole many moons ago - the hike to the Diamond isn't that bad, and it's the CO version of Half Dome in Yosemite, pretty impressive granite face. We essentially went up the descent route and down the Keyhole in pic 2.

If you're feeling really skippy - (and have some equipment and experience) climb the keyhole to the top, its long but the views are amazing!

VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    When in Boulder does as a boulder does!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • scubalab
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    When in Boulder does as a boulder does!

Rock and Roll?!?

Oh, I couldn't resist!
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    Do some sight seeing above Bolder is a town called the Netherlands and ward above that. Gorgeous vista's and great mountain views. Well worth seeing
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Do some sight seeing above Bolder is a town called the Netherlands and ward above that. Gorgeous vista's and great mountain views. Well worth seeing

Thanks dude I'll check it out!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Dude, I think they have a Steak 'n Shake there!!! Oh yeah.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Rock out with your rooster out.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »

That just sounds wrong on so many levels!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »

That just sounds wrong on so many levels!

That's the censored world we live in :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a