RT-400s

Options
I am considering adding a pair of RT-400s to my sound system. What do folks think about these speakers? Not real familiar with Polk home audio. Also, they're going for $125 for the pair. Is that a fair price these days?

It's a Yamaha RX-V663 Receiver
Bowers & Wilkins V201
Klipsch Quintet III surrounds
Klipsch Synergy Sub-10
Yamaha RX-V663 Receiver
Bowers & Wilkins V201 Mains
Klipsch Quintet III 5-channel Surround
Klipsch Synergy Sub-10
Klipsch R10-B Soundbar
Sony BDP-S3700 Blu-Ray
Sony DVP-NS50P DVD
Samsung 32" LED TV

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,472
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Not a bad price if you want them. IF in great condition. I had a pair years ago & liked them. Gave them to my oldest daughter for her HT & she uses them as fronts on HT 5/1 & she enjoys them. If i recall they were just ok on 2 channel without sub. Much better with a sub like she is using them. Welcome to the forum
    Randy/Maine
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Welcome to club Polk!

While I have never heard that particular model, I am a fan of the RT series, IF they have the trilam-dome (silver) tweeters. Those do not. Additionally, $125 is high. I would pass personally. I would look for either rt800 or 800i, or rt55 or 55i. If you're patient they will come up.

Good luck!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • TwinsTim
    TwinsTim Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks, guys. I'm going to go look at them this weekend. If they're as nice as my B&Ws were, I might have to snap them up. Not looking for huge speakers. My "dealer" has a pair of DCM-12s as well. Pretty sure I left college a long time ago, so I don't really need the "party speaker" that those DCMs apparently are.

Whatever I end up with, they will be my front "A" speakers, the B&Ws will be the "B" speakers and then the surround system. That Klipsch sub works pretty well.
    Yamaha RX-V663 Receiver
    Bowers & Wilkins V201 Mains
    Klipsch Quintet III 5-channel Surround
    Klipsch Synergy Sub-10
    Klipsch R10-B Soundbar
    Sony BDP-S3700 Blu-Ray
    Sony DVP-NS50P DVD
    Samsung 32" LED TV