4k speaker chase...and the winner is...

Options
2»

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited July 2017
    Options
    OK. Decided to go with the PSB Imagine T2 towers. $3499/pr in dark cherry. Design-wise, they fall somewhere between the Synchrony 2 and Synchrony 1.

qgjwvtyewg9r.jpg

qphvwqvnjp3p.jpg

Post edited by steveinaz on
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Don't those sell for $1749.00 ?
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    $1749.00 each.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    I was literally going to suggest those the other day. I just picked up the imagine mini and main their are sweet sounding teeny tiny speakers. Can't imagine how good the big boys sound. But I didn't think the bass would be enough for you?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • steveinaz
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I was literally going to suggest those the other day. I just picked up the imagine mini and main their are sweet sounding teeny tiny speakers. Can't imagine how good the big boys sound. But I didn't think the bass would be enough for you?

-3db point is 34Hz, -10db point 29Hz. That will work. PSB tend to be "bass centric" in most cases.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »

-3db point is 34Hz, -10db point 29Hz. That will work. PSB tend to be "bass centric" in most cases.

Awesome man. They are really nice looking speakers, and I think the mids and highs are really sweet sounding on the minis. Be interesting to hear how they compare to the harbeths. Looking forward to a review and pics!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Crutchfield called a few minutes ago, I should have them Friday. I think some remastered Led Zepplin will be the break-in material of choice!
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    Options
    Congrats those are some fine speakers, their warehouse is a five min drive from me..
    I own several PR's of PSB's
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables