Magnifi Soundbar stays in standby mode sometimes.

Options
I have an annoying problem with my Magnify soundbar, bought in 2014. Since it was new, most of the time when I turn on the TV, the soundbar does not come out of standby. Or, it will sometimes take a while to switch on. Sometimes I even have to pull the power to reset it. It hhappens so often that my family have resorted to other means to watch movies because i am the only one who can get it working. I can't figure out how to update the firmware.. The model I have does not have an Ethernet port, and I have not been able to find instructions for my particular model for updating the firmware. I thought maybe if I could do that it might rectify the problem. This is a pain, but otherwise I really like my soundbar. Any suggestions?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. The best thing to do is give Polk CS a call tomorrow at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and they'll help you out. Have the serial number handy in case they ask for it.
    Regards, Ken
  • hjl357
    hjl357 Posts: 2
    Options
    Have a Polk Magnfi Sound Bar, it stopped responding to commands, although I can power it on and go through the process of getting it to recognize the TV Remote. Any clues how I can get the Polk remote to go back to working like it did when I bought it? It is less than a year old. Doris
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    hjl357 wrote: »
    Any clues how I can get the Polk remote to go back to working like it did when I bought it? It is less than a year old. Doris
    Simple things first--unplug, count to 60, power back. Also change battery in remote?

Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • hjl357
    hjl357 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks Derf - Tried batteries first...then did the unplug scenario including tracing the audio connections - doesn't work. Any other ideas?