RTIA9, RTIA5 question

Options
chains7
chains7 Posts: 4
I have currently purchased both of these speakers but looking for advise on which ones I should keep. I will compare them both on my system. I currently have a pioneer 921 receiver. I am reading that my receiver will not work with the 9's. I am looking for opinions on this. Can I use the 9's with my pioneer 921 for now or can I damage the RTIA9's? (I have read in places where I could do damage) Does anyone have any opinions on which receiver I should look at purchasing if I keep the 9's. I got a decent price on both of these and thinking is there any benefit to use the 9's as fronts & 5's as surrounds? I guess my first question is if I can use the 9's with my current amp & if so what can I look to upgrade to in the future?

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    Your AVR doesn't have the capability to properly drive the A9's even if you crossover them over at 80Hz. It'll do better with the A5's.

The reality is there isn't an AVR made that'll do justice with the A9's. If the AVR has pre outs you can add a separate amp to drive the A9's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• chains7
    chains7 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my current AVR doesn't have pre outs so I would be looking at replacing the AVR & adding an amp. Which I need to decide if its worth the money.