Amps for sale...

kharp1
kharp1 Posts: 3,453
edited July 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I'm going to put up some of the amps I have that are just taking up space. All are in great functional condition and most are in very good cosmetic shape. I can provide pics to those that are interested.

Buyer pays all PP and shipping fees with insurance. If insurance is declined then buyer assumes all responsibility. Most have original packing or better.

These are for sale to members that have some posting history. I'm not going to set a minimum post count but they aren't for sale to someone with only a few posts. These are Polk prices and they are not listed anywhere else yet.

1. Pass Labs Aleph 30 - $950
Has professional packing built specifically for it. One small scuff on the corner.

2. Parasound A21 - $1380
Has original packaging. Two very small scratches on the back of the amp in the upper right hand corner about one inch long or less. Only visible on close inspection when looking at the back of the amp.

3. PS Audio Delta 100 - $250

May have the McCormack DNA and Marsh a200s coming up as well.

Any questions feel free to PM. Thanks for looking.

Kerry

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    That Delta 100 is very tempting.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Hey Kerry...you keeping those Amp Camps? ;)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Great stuff at wonderful prices. GLWTS
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    PM sent on the PS audio.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • kharp1
    Dang, forgot all about the Amp Camp amps! I've never even taken them put of the box and hooked them up.

I'm in the process of answering PM's now, but, be patient please as I just got roped in to a training class for some new certificatons at work and I've got some test to study for over the next couple of days. Not the kind of surprise I like.
  • kharp1
    There are already a few in line for the PS Audio waiting for shipping rates. I've responded with PM's. It'll take a couple of days to get it to FedEx.

I put it back in the system today to let it play with the JWM's fr the first time and I'm pleasantly surprised. If those in line don't take it I'm going to keep it.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Calling first in line if the Marsh goes up for sale. :)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    What amp beat these all out of the listening room?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited July 2017
    Not trying to derail, but I May be "innarested" in the Aleph, so "hear" goes . . .

I've asked this before in another thread, but I'll ask again, with a twist . . .

Would 2 Aleph 30s, used as monos, provide for more robust and impactful sound IF the system included an Active External XO, such as the Pass XVR-1 ?

TIA!

G

btw, please post pics of the Aleph
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    Kerry, your avatar sucks.
    I disabled signatures.
  • kharp1
    msg wrote: »

Geez, I worked 2 straight weeks perfecting it!

@GlennDog The Aleph is a stereo amp not set up for mono. My understanding is that bridging an amp usually leads to a degradation in SQ.
  • kharp1
    I'm currently using the AE by Cary Hercules tube amp with the Joule pre. The JWM's really sound better with tube gear. The Parasound had great imagery and stage, but, seemed to emphasize the already forward upper mids of the JWM. Plus, it's just huge! The Marsh sounded better because it's somewhat rolled off in the area that the speakers are forward. Plan is to sell all of the amps (keep one maybe) and take that money and apply it towards an heirloom piece.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    kharp1 wrote: »

@GlennDog The Aleph is a stereo amp not set up for mono. My understanding is that bridging an amp usually leads to a degradation in SQ.

I think he is talking about horizontal bi-amping. One Aleph per speaker.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    edited July 2017
    I put it back in the system today to let it play with the JWM's fr the first time and I'm pleasantly surprised. If those in line don't take it I'm going to keep it.

Man, Kerry, you might consider taking your time on the PS Audio - Seller's Remorse is a B. I imagine the good folks here would understand if you were a bit hesitant, and wanted to spend more time with it to be sure. We've all been there, and you could always reinstate the order of dibses later when you're feeling more sure of the move? Can't speak for everyone, but a smidge of disappointment aside, in general, I don't think I'd feel right pulling a piece one of the guys was kind of regretting selling. Premature Costermongering is no laughing matter.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    some nice amps for sale, GLWS
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • kharp1
    DaveHo wrote: »

I think he is talking about horizontal bi-amping. One Aleph per speaker.

You know, I never thought of it that way. If ya got the money go for it. I'd be curious to hear how that turns out.
  • jayman_1975
    jayman_1975 Posts: 672
    Whoever lands the Delta 100 is going to be a very happy camper.
    Onkyo TX NR 5008 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Oppo BDP 93 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Arcam CD37
    Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
    Revolver Audio Music 5 towers.(surround)
    Vandersteen V2W
  • kharp1

Man, Kerry, you might consider taking your time on the PS Audio - Seller's Remorse is a B. I imagine the good folks here would understand if you were a bit hesitant, and wanted to spend more time with it to be sure. We've all been there, and you could always reinstate the order of dibses later when you're feeling more sure of the move? Can't speak for everyone, but a smidge of disappointment aside, in general, I don't think I'd feel right pulling a piece one of the guys was kind of regretting selling. Premature Costermongering is no laughing matter.

I'm going to move all but one of the amps I have and pool those funds with whatever it takes to get THE ONE amp that will satisfy me till I loose my hearing. Skip gave me some good advice a while back which I listened to...and ignored...until it was too late and I find myself in the spot I'm in now. He said build a primary system first and then a secondary system later, if I wanted, or I would probably be going in too many different directions at the same time. He was right. I've found myself frustrated lately and need to back up and start over somewhat.

All the amps listed are less than I paid for them here on the forum except for the PS Audio. It didn't have original packaging and Jesse @F1nut went and picked it up and had it professionally packed. Jesse didn't ask for anything for his trouble, but, I'm not built that way. It's being offered at less than what the entire transaction cost me.

I will say that after putting it back in the system that it's no slouch. For the money it is probably one of the best deals going in amps on the secondary market. Took the top off of it today and noticed it had a bit of dust (previous owner had it sitting around for some time) and I'm going to vacuum the innards out somewhere over the next few days before I pack it off to FedEx for shipping quotes.
  • atx2014
    atx2014 Posts: 2
    PM sent. thanks
    Living room 2.1: Magnepan 1.7i (temporarily powered by Denon 5803. looking for amp swap) | SVS SB12-NSD | Maverick Audio D2 DAC

Bedroom 2.1: Paradigm Signature S2 V2 (temporary amp, looking for new one) | SVS SB12-NSD | Emotiva XDA-2 gen2 DAC
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471

These are for sale to members that have some posting history. I'm not going to set a minimum post count but they aren't for sale to someone with only a few posts. These are Polk prices and they are not listed anywhere else yet.

Kerry

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I think I need to bow out here (I know I'm third in line for the PS audio). Sorry for any inconvenience.

GLWS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • kharp1
    To all interested parties I apologize for the delay in getting shipping quotes. I thought I was going to be off today and get it taken care of, but, was called in to work. I do have the next 2 days off so will get it FedEx and quotes out.
  • kharp1
    DSkip wrote: »
    Apparently you don't work as fast as you drive, eh?

o:)

Noooo, that would be very unsafe o:)
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Is the PS audio bridgeable....if still available?
  • kharp1
    bedt7ydai7mn.jpg
    3vbp95s00gq3.jpg
    p5wei69sweiv.jpg

Few shots of the PS since that seems to be the people are most interested in. This one is in the worst condition of them all by far. Just a few scratches on the top and a few of the fins on the back are discolored/scuffed on the top, outer edge. Not much, but there. Full disclosure.
    Packed and ready to take to FedEx Monday for shipping costs.

Now on to the Pass. Saving the A21 for last as I'm enjoying it at the moment.
  • kharp1
    @kevhed72 Sorry, no, it's not bridgeable.

Kerry
  • What is the price you woukd be looking for on the amp camp amplifiers? Also are the assembled or just parts?
  • kharp1
    The PS Audio is being marked "sold" pending completion of the transaction.

The Amp Camp amps are assembled, but, aren't for sale. Currently considering a loan/trial program to get them around for members to experience. The first stop, and possibly last one as well) goes to @ZLTFUL
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited August 2017
    I agree with that last part though id be curious to try them out myself
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kharp1
    Pass Labs Aleph is sold.

Parasound A21 is still available.