XBox One X...who's buyin?

2»

Comments

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,454
    edited May 5
    I do have a PS4 Pro though, and yeah, like you say, it's not even close to the Xbox One X. Also Nintendo Switch, Super Nintendo, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Sega Nomad, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Playstation 3, Ouya... I might have a problem.

NKE7BIN.jpg

oRZYcw7.jpg

hsMBhyw.jpg

G2kQQ4c.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,914
    Nightfall wrote: »
    vi5k7TM.jpg

Nice...wish I could get one but a standard X has the same horsepower. Nice seeing the text "XBOX ONE X ENHANCED" in Forza Horizon 3...and the visuals back it up, smooth as silk and not one hint of stutter. Now I can say I've had all the generations of XBox One.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
    nbrowser wrote: »
    vi5k7TM.jpg

Nice...wish I could get one but a standard X has the same horsepower. Nice seeing the text "XBOX ONE X ENHANCED" in Forza Horizon 3...and the visuals back it up, smooth as silk and not one hint of stutter. Now I can say I've had all the generations of XBox One.

It's roughly equivalent to a 1060 in PC terms. Obviously you can build a PC to blow it away but what you couldn't do is build a complete $500 PC with a 4K Bluray drive that would come close.
    nbrowser wrote: »
    vi5k7TM.jpg

It's roughly equivalent to a 1060 in PC terms. Obviously you can build a PC to blow it away but what you couldn't do is build a complete $500 PC with a 4K Bluray drive that would come close.

Very true, that said however my higher end gaming rig walks all over it but up here the video card alone is worth double what the One X is. But there's games on the One X that my PC will never run as they aren't available on my operating system of choice. Honestly though...the One X is just simply stunning graphically and impresses me. Not bad for a console.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
    I do have a PS4 Pro though, and yeah, like you say, it's not even close to the Xbox One X. Also Nintendo Switch, Super Nintendo, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Sega Nomad, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Playstation 3, Ouya... I might have a problem.

NKE7BIN.jpg

oRZYcw7.jpg

hsMBhyw.jpg

G2kQQ4c.jpg

Yeahhhh you gots a problem...lol! I'm sittin here gathering up dead electronics for a trip to the recycling depot to get rid of them. Then off to my PC store for a cable to hopefully connect up my NUC and a monitor as the only thing I've got is a 25 foot HDMI to DVI cable...25 foot cable for a cube on the back of the display...this can't continue.
  • adb3daadb3da Posts: 424
    Damn...I do not want to read this thread...really been itching to upgrade my office gaming setup to 4k. I am really close to pulling the trigger on the 2018 TCL 6 series 4k 55". Also thinking of maybe the 2017 Vizio M series if I can find one. Then I gotta decide if I upgrade the Xbox or the PS4. I am leaning Xbox since since it has the ability to play 4k discs. Any thoughts? How decent was the trade-in value on the Xbox?
    edited May 5
    If you already have both consoles I'd upgrade to the One X and keep the PS4 for exclusives. You're not going to get a whole lot for trading in an OG Xbox One (The VCR) maybe a bit more for the S model. Even then you can sometimes find the S for $200 brand new so figure they have to sell a used one at $150 or less and typically trade ins are 50% of the value so maybe $75? It might be worth just keeping for a backup, another room, or sell it to a buddy instead of trading it in.
    If you already have both consoles I'd upgrade to the One X and keep the PS4 for exclusives. You're not going to get a whole lot for trading in an OG Xbox One (The VCR) maybe a bit more for the S model. Even then you can sometimes find the S for $200 brand new so figure they have to sell a used one at $150 or less and typically trade ins are 50% of the value so maybe $75? It might be worth just keeping for a backup, another room, or sell it to a buddy instead of trading it in.

Yeah, for the trade-in value it prob makes sense to keep the darn thing.

Spec wise I want the One X but all the people I play with online are on PS4. Tough decision.
    edited May 5
    adb3da wrote: »
    Spec wise I want the One X but all the people I play with online are on PS4. Tough decision.

What games do you play?

What games do you play?

Right now I am playing The Division and Far Cry 5.
    edited May 5
    I can tell you this, the PS4 Pro is not a huge jump over the PS4 slim/original. It's only worth getting a Pro if you don't already have a PS4 IMO. I have a 4K TV and I kind of wish I just got the smaller slim model. The Pro gets audibly loud in games that are Pro patched, it's annoying, and the system itself is pretty big. I'm obviously not fan boy biased either, I have all of the consoles, not just trying to throw hate at one because I have or prefer the other.
    Damn...I do not want to read this thread...really been itching to upgrade my office gaming setup to 4k. I am really close to pulling the trigger on the 2018 TCL 6 series 4k 55". Also thinking of maybe the 2017 Vizio M series if I can find one. Then I gotta decide if I upgrade the Xbox or the PS4. I am leaning Xbox since since it has the ability to play 4k discs. Any thoughts? How decent was the trade-in value on the Xbox?

Me personally, going from a One S to a One X on a 4K TV for gaming is incredible. Yep it'll do 4K BD, it'll do 4K games and if your TV doesn't have it built in, Smart functions like YouTube in 4K etc. Really a stupidly versatile console.
    Thanks for the input. First step is the TV and then will wait a while before I upgrade the console. Any thoughts on the two TVs I mentioned? This is just in my home office and isn't our main TV viewing room. So I don't want to spend a fortune. The reviews on the TCL are pretty great. Hoping to get up to Best Buy tomorrow to have a look at the brand new 6 series. It's only been out a week or so.
    edited May 5
    Thanks for the input. First step is the TV and then will wait a while before I upgrade the console. Any thoughts on the two TVs I mentioned? This is just in my home office and isn't our main TV viewing room. So I don't want to spend a fortune. The reviews on the TCL are pretty great. Hoping to get up to Best Buy tomorrow to have a look at the brand new 6 series. It's only been out a week or so.

Sorry...both Vizio and TCL aren't as widely available up here in Canada as they are down there. I"m a Samsung 7000/7100 series guy with examples from both lines. a KU7000 55 incher in my living room and a MU7100 in the same 55 inch size in my bedroom (the TV that got the One X).
    Whoa...just got an email from Microsoft with this title..."welcome. This is your Xbox One X. This is your evolution." Nice touch.

• AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,672
    I bought one a couple weeks ago, literally bought it just to play the Enhanced version of Red Dead that just got released...and Red Dead 2 whenever it releases
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,000
    I’m not buying, although if I can find a deal on an xBox One OG then I might just pull the trigger. I don’t have a 4K tv to use it, so I don’t need the best one.
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
    After tonight's Winnipeg Jets Nashville Preds game I fully intend on playing some Men In Black in 4K on the new X and seeing what she's made of.
2»