XBox One X...who's buyin?

nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,020
I know I is...how about the rest of ya... @Nightfall ...I know this is on your radar!
Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Comments

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,477
    For yous with new fancy shmancy TV's that can take advantage of HDR, 4K, and the like, are ahead of the curve. Other than those few bullet points, i don't see the need....yet.

Ultimately, i need one of my TV's to die before i make the leap. Otherwise, to buy the $500 console, i also need to drop $1,500 on a new TV to make it worth it.

All i have to say is "Crackdown is the greatest series of all time" ;)
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,943
    ^This...

Although in my case I just tell my wife I want to move the 60" Plasma to the loft to get a skinnier TV for downstairs.... "Might" work then just move the 48" to our bedroom and put the 40" in the garage..... maybe lol.......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    I'm cheap AF.
    I won't buy a TV to accommodate a console. Maybe i'll look into a new TV next year if we move which means, maybe i'll look at the new console next year if we move...

We only have 2 TV's in the house. (Living and Mancave) No TV's in the bedroom because when i go to bed, my goal is to sleep.
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,943
    mrbiron wrote: »
    No TV's in the bedroom because when i go to bed, my goal is to sleep.

You've got 3 kids.... thats at least PARTIALLY a lie :wink:

And why the move... is there yet ANOTHER on the way :grin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    mrbiron wrote: »
    No TV's in the bedroom because when i go to bed, my goal is to sleep.

You've got 3 kids.... thats at least PARTIALLY a lie :wink:

And why the move... is there yet ANOTHER on the way :grin:

2........i have 2 children that i know of. Definitely had a scare back in college that might have produced a 3rd. Never found out :D

We are are moving because my wife hates our raised ranch house. I kind of agree with her. We are 3 years beyond the "5 year first home rule".
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,425
    If all it does is 4K then it isn't useful. TV 4K upscaling is pretty darn good.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,020
    BlueFox wrote: »

Native 4K...not upscaled. It's got the horsepower to basically tell the slightly hot rodded XBox One S to go take a hike eh. I'm considering one for the living room to play with my 4K TV, move the One S to the living room and sell the standard One. It would be worth it.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,051
    BlueFox wrote: »

Gaming in upscaled 4K vs native 4K is a whole 'nother ballgame compared to watching video.
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,425
    Even though I haven't used my Xbox One in ages I guess I will have get one of these. Just in case I start playing again. :)

Is this going to be like videos where favorite games are going to released as 4K so I have to buy them again? LOL
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    edited July 15
    Any older games that get patched for 4K will be done so for free, any newer games that get out of the box support for 4K will be the same price as any new game, no price increase either way.
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |

• mantismantis Posts: 14,643
    I'm sure we will get it, when is it out?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
    mantis wrote: »
    I'm sure we will get it, when is it out?

11/7

• voltzvoltz Posts: 4,681
    Still a die hard PC gamer. cant use those controllers...need my mouse & keyboard..WASD ruined me!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,020
    Darryl, (I hope I spelled that right). keyboards work great for games like Minecraft (yes I play it...there i said it) but the controllers with the sticks...awesome for driving games like Forza Anything :)
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,681
    you got it correctly :) never played minecraft myself

started with the original doom, and since I figure out how to multiplayer it using null cables it was on :) then Quake - Unreal Tournament - Half-life - Call of Duty etc.. had my own private gaming server for years... I've played just about everything you can imagine game wise since the Atari 2600 & C64 before it became all internet gaming on the PC :)

on the PC all FPS are best with the WASD + Mouse combo and it is a killer combo and hard to beat.

but I can't handle racing games because I ruined and the controllers dont fit my brain. All I do is slam into the walls :p
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,655
    That's what you are supposed to do in racing games, right?

I play with a few guys who use a mouse and keyboard with the Xbox.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • I have mine preordered, can't wait to see forza 7 and Gears of War 4 in their 4k hdr goodness on my LG 65" OLED