Options
2»

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited July 2017
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I don't impress too easily when it comes to hifi stuff... but that Lenco/linear arm impresses me :)

I've seen it and heard it and it is by far the quietest I've ever heard vinyl (no pops, no ticks, just the music).

Rich @SCompRacer is a master craftsman and he always does the job right (in most cases, above and beyond). He's a super cool dude to boot!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    edited July 2017
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    zggybecl5nom.jpg

Looks like your Dynavector Karat is still getting some playing-time :) I have a Karat 23R"C" myself. What's that, you ask? It's a Dynavector Karat 23R that broke its ruby cantilever, but was replaced with a cactus thorn cantilever, thus a 23R"C', or maybe just a 23C.

i0xiedp0ghfg.jpg
    96a4sxrpd21i.jpg

My favorite MM giant killer is a Grace F9 with a SoundSmith linear contact stylus replacement. Very authoritative, yet detailed...HIGHLY recommended. Of course an original F9 stylus is preferred, but they are as rare (and expensive?) as hen's teeth.
    7fkrhbm9u23e.jpg
    kmfzyah186d3.jpg
    gt84womb85r1.jpg

Having said all that, I'm an AT cartridge junkie, so very interested in trying an AT MC cart like the AT33.
    Post edited by jdjohn on
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Cartridge jewelry... drooool.... that AT33 cartridge is on my list. I'm keeping an eye out for one.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.