Best Amp for the RTA-15TL

Options
I have an old school one owner Adcom GFA 535 & Adcom GTP 500 II pre-amp. My question is what would be the best pre-amp / power amp for these speakers? Use vinyl/Bluetooth iTunes. Currently using a U-Turn turntable. Thanks- I think I stole these speakers at $235.00 on Craigslist.

Thanks - Ed

Answers

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Options
    Welcome Ed! The Polk/Adcom combo are well known to provide great sound. The 15s are large and can take a lot of power, so if you have a large listening room, watch the volume control until you know where the limits of your amplifier/speaker combo exist. Listen for distortion at the upper limits of volume and back down if needed, to save from taking out a tweeter. Did you intend to keep the pre/amp combo or did you have a particular amp or brand in mind?
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Those wouldn't happen to have been the pair out of Delaware, would they?
  • ec2polkaudio
    Options
    Hi Dennis, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I don't really have a brand in mind. Just didn't know if any other user had experience with these rather large speakers.The Adcom 535/500II preamp are ok. I've owned them each for 25+ years. So I'm look for something like $1500.00 or less. I'm very willing to go used or new. I just use the set up for music.

To FestYboy,
    I bought them in Maine so I can't speak to if these came from Delaware.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Found out while picking up a new to me NAD receiver that the ones I was referring to went to a friend of the seller in NJ.