FS: Definitive Technology BP2002TL - Modded and Restored

Options
For your consideration is a pair of Definitive Technology BP2002TL. This was Definitive's best selling models. They retailed for a little over $2,000 a pair and were a huge improvement over the original BP2002, which did not feature the D'Appolito array.

Each tower is packed with QUAD (4) x 5.25" midbass drivers, dual 1" aluminum tweeters and an 12" subwoofer that is slot ported in a quasi-transmission line design for excellent low frequency response! I would say you will experience bass below 30hz no problem!

The built in amplifier is rated at 250 watts. For a smaller setup, you would not need an external subwoofer as you will hit below 30hz no problem!

While, with the modifications, they produce a nice, smooth and detailed top end. These speakers were never really meant for a "sweet spot" listening. They are meant to throw down, especially the bass. You really do not need an external subwoofer with these in a small to medium room. The top end is very similar to the BP7002 (basically the same speaker minus the subwoofer difference) and the subwoofer is not too far off. These are a better built speaker than the current series by a large margin. The enclosures are tanks and the subwoofers are mirror imaged.

I have modified the tweeter circuit only (Clarity Cap CSA and Mundorf Mox), the rest of the crossover is stock. The top caps of the enclosures are from the BP7002 (fit perfect) and are new, I just didn't do a good job polishing the sides.... The bottom caps are original and have been polished. The socks are tailor made but I did accidently stretch a corner on installation (see photo).

I ordered from Definitive new logos, new outriggers, new spikes and they had floor pads. Have been using them off and on for a few months and it is time to set them up with someone to use them everyday!

Specs per speaker -
Frequency Response
17 - 30000 Hz
Nominal Impedance
4 Ohm
Recommended Amplifier Power
20 Watt
Sensitivity
92 dB
Active Bass Driver Amplifier Power
250 Watt
Width
7.2 in
Depth
15.8 in
Height
45.9 in
Weight
70.99 lbs

I will be listing them publicly for $750 a pair + shipping.

Club Polk price is $675 + Shipping. I will be willing to meet up to a certain distance as well.

pkyormmhmlw9.jpg
lyxvctye6kcs.jpg
a9i3zte42v73.jpg
ur38x3oq0zvi.jpg
bt19xa6i7x7g.jpg
jp8rv4du2e0t.jpg
dyctcrb2k7jj.jpg
8bi5i6lh0ke5.jpg
2syutmf0lfvm.jpg

@lightman1
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments