New Audio Rack

I've finally reached the point that it's time to upgrade to a larger audio rack. The old one I built is completely out of room. (Yea I don't even bother feeding the cables through the center column anymore.lol) l7h8m7q5owue.jpg
So after stumbling across this website
http://audiofederation.com/audiophiles-guide/high-end-audio-racks I found one that I wanted to mimick. cm99cml1bhwo.png
Mine is going to be twice as beefy and will have 4 legs rather than 3. I'm going to reconfigure the program that I had for machining Larry's 1.2tl caps and make 24"x 24"x .75" aluminum shelves that'll sit on top of the spikes. After that the rest is lathe and laser work so it should go fairly fast.ieuas2v0juc4.jpg
Any suggestions on some add on's?

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Larry has a CNC plan for the rack he built for himself that sounds like you described
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I know where you live, Dan.....
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Exciting project, Brian!
    No suggestions, other than a consideration for two shorter units as opposed to one tall? Or will each 'shelf' be modular and able to be stacked in any configuration? I'll be following along on this one. You fab guys make me jealous!

Noticed some interesting bits in/on your turntable. Care to detail on this or another thread?
    I disabled signatures.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I know where you live, Dan.....

Then stop on by and lets hang out lol......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    Brad Pit says Rule #1 we don't talk about Turntables...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Two suggestions. One, get rid of that Monster power conditioner and two, don't paint the rack red.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635
    A challenge would be to incorporate the drop-offs into the design.
    Watching the light show from the back patio and had to chime in. Nice project....Happy 4th everyone.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited July 2017
    Happy 4th bro
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    You're ditching the music note symbol in the frame, right? Replacing it with something tough, like a biohazard emblem, or Tap-Out or No Fear logo?
    I disabled signatures.
  • @msg this thing will have different sized spacers 6,8, and 10". And I'm not putting anything in the center sadly. That aluminum plate will cover it up.
    @F1nut yea I'm done with the red theme. Lol this winter I'm overhauling my 2b's. Goin' back to black.
  • msg
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Jesse Durden says Rule #1 we don't talk about Turntables...
    Further...
    "You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake." - Jesse Durden; Paper St. Cable Factory, circa 2017
    t7fbcvrm9gyg.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Nice rack! Do you have a John Travolta ghost?
  • Toolfan66
    That's Brad Pitt and Edward Norton..
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited July 2017
    That's Brad Pitt and Edward Norton..

Damn he has two celebrity ghost, nice! But we are not supposed to talk about that.
  • Toolfan66
    WOW!! Stuck around a little this afternoon... :)
  • msg
    Dayam. That acrylic looks FAT! I like it! How thick are those shelves, anyway? You gonna do little edge lights in the rear to make them glow, or anything like that?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg wrote: »
    Dayam. That acrylic looks FAT! I like it! How thick are those shelves, anyway? You gonna do little edge lights in the rear to make them glow, or anything like that?

They're .75" thick.
    I'm not sure yet. If I do I'd like to find a way that only illuminates the shelves and doesn't leak light anywhere else.
  • msg
    Brad Pit says Rule #1 we don't talk about Turntables...
    Larry, I thought you just threw that reference out there. I completely missed the Fight Club print altogether, initially. dehrrr. Just now seeing it! I was distracted by those TT details...
    I disabled signatures.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    Where's Brian?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    No doubt what happened?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Strange....
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk