2»

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Ok you guys down there haven't seen gas go up...but up here it tends to shoot up on holiday weekends like clockwork up here in Canada, Thursday on my way to work it was $1.139 a litre up here, on my way home on the same day it shot to $1.249 a litre. Thanks long weekends! Yes we measure in litres and pay taxes up the Nth as well. Thankfully I don't live in the Metro Vancouver area regional district that's managed by Translink...they tack another 12 cents per litre in taxes onto gasoline...

You guys don't get 4th of July in Canada!

Uh dude...we get the First of July here...as in our countries birthday man....check it out lol.

I do not dispute that but I know all about your flappy heads and your calendars that go straight from the 3rd to the 5th.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    mrloren wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Things are more expensive in CA.

yeah,,,, not the place I was born and raised in.

You can thank Jerry Brown and every environmentalist that care more about the endangered desert tortoise than people.

And don't forget about the Smelta Dealt bait fish.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,095
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Our son lives in "not the middle of nowhere -- but you can see it from there" Virginia.
    Gas there is about $1.89.9 I am still amazed, and amused, by how cheap gas is in much of VA. It doesn't "appeal intuitively" as to why that would be the case.

Gas here in NH is $2.10.9, based on a fill-up yesterday.

I note, wryly, that the OP and the point of this thread (no pun intended) seemed to be that the poster bought gas for $2.17.0 (no 'nine-tenths')... which is pretty remarkable.

... or, since we watched The Princess Bride last night, perhaps I should say "inconceivable". :)

2bff127563b662bb018e605544f3cafd.jpg
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I note, wryly, that the OP and the point of this thread (no pun intended) seemed to be that the poster bought gas for $2.17.0 (no 'nine-tenths')... which is pretty remarkable.

... or, since we watched The Princess Bride last night, perhaps I should say "inconceivable". :)
    B-I-N-G-O!

Your wryness is most appreciated.
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    Yes, the point of this thread is there was no point.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,095
    Options
    well, there was a point, just no trailing digit, right?

:)

• mdaudioguy
    Options
    No splitting of pennies.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    I can produce gas less than that...wife can confirm
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    $1.99 at Brookhaven, Ga. Costco
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren