Polk Magnifi Mini HDMI ARC Not Working

I have a 2017 Samsung UN55MU9000 tv with a HDMI ARC port, but when I connect the Magnifi Mini through that connection it doesn't read the speaker. It worked for a minute or two when I first powered on the speaker but now it doesn't work at all. Any suggestions?

Comments

• mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,003
    Make sure you connect the Mini to your WiFi in order to get the latest updates. Make sure ARC is enabled on the Samsung. It should work by default, however.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • berndoberndo Posts: 2
    I am having a similar issue with the HDMI ARC where I have to unplug the HDMI cable every time I turn on the unit or sound is not produced. How do you connect to wifi..don't see anywhere for a username/pword
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,003
    berndo wrote: »
    I am having a similar issue with the HDMI ARC where I have to unplug the HDMI cable every time I turn on the unit or sound is not produced. How do you connect to wifi..don't see anywhere for a username/pword
    Download the Google Home app to connect to the Mini.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • berndoberndo Posts: 2
    for some reason unit won't play a sound unless you unplug the HDMI plug and plug back in. I did download the google home app and connected the mini thank you
  • vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,606
    My (non-ARC) problems cleared up after attaching to network via ethernet and bringing up Google Home. IIRC, the firmware update automatically downloaded (v20), but it wasn't until some time later (overnight) that play was issue-free. I'm guessing it needed some downtime to reboot since (I'm fairly sure) I was not given a choice to reboot in Google Home. The Mini has remained attached since the update.

Not sure if it's the case here, but in my experience, most (AV pre pro) HDMI handshake problems have cleared up with firmware updates.
    Den: Rega RP6 (mods) * AT33PTGII * Jolida jd9 (mods) * Roon * Sonore Ultra Rendu (LPS-1) * Lush USB * Chord QuteEX (Pardo) * Joule-Electra LA-100 iii * Sunfire Sig II * PSAudio p3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2 (mods)
    Office Rip: Music Hall MMF-5.1se * Speed Box II * DL103r * Parks Budgie SUT * PS Audio NPC * Roon * Sonore microRendu * Meridian Explorer ii * Dayens Ampino * PSA Dectet * MIT s3 * Hartley Reference Mini-Tower
    Beach Gameroom: MH mmf2.1 * Denon dl-110 * Belles Phono 20a * Sonos * Arcam rDac * Belles 20a * Pass Aleph 30 * PSAudio Dectet * MIT s3 * Revel m22
  • fpenguinfpenguin Posts: 1
    edited July 27
    Same issue here. HDMI Arc has been working flawlessly for many months with my Samsung UN55J6300, but all of a sudden it stopped working since last week.

I have the latest firmware of Samsung v1500 and Google Cast firmware v20. Tried a lot of different settings but still haven't figured out how to get HDMI ARC back.

The situation is a bit peculiar.

When the Polk Mini is turned off, clicking on Volume buttons from my AppleTV remote will adjust the TV volume. As soon as Polk Mini is turned on, AppleTV remote will adjust Polk Mini volumn, but the sound will still come from the TV speakers.

Having the Samsung Aninet+ setting On, and changing the Speaker List to HDMI does not help.
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,018
    I'll send this to Polk CS.
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available", G. Benfield
  • guyrabguyrab Posts: 6
    I just got my polk mini Magnifi, audio quality is great, everything works via the optical connection, google cast, bluetooth. I cannot get my ARC HDMI to work (and this is how I need the polk to work through). as i said everything works via the optical (so handshake with my LG SJ850 SUPER UHD TV works via optical). but I cannot get my ARC to work... the ARC does work with other devices so the TV is not the problem.

I tried disconnecting and connecting a million times doesn't help. i got it to work after 50 times for 20 minutes via ARC, but that's that. any ideas?

I read there is also the matter of FW. how do i upgrade the firmware on the polk? I just attached it via the ethernet cable to my network.... maybe this is going to solve something..... any help will be appreciated.
    I just got my polk mini Magnifi, audio quality is great, everything works via the optical connection, google cast, bluetooth. I cannot get my ARC HDMI to work (and this is how I need the polk to work through). as i said everything works via the optical (so handshake with my LG SJ850 SUPER UHD TV works via optical). but I cannot get my ARC to work... the ARC does work with other devices so the TV is not the problem.

I tried disconnecting and connecting a million times doesn't help. i got it to work after 50 times for 20 minutes via ARC, but that's that. any ideas?

I read there is also the matter of FW. how do i upgrade the firmware on the polk? I just attached it via the ethernet cable to my network.... maybe this is going to solve something..... any help will be appreciated.