jolida tube dac III ??

Options
A DAC would be nice to have. and something that also adds some tube sound would be pretty awesome.. not sure if that is any good or not.. anyone here have experience with it. i keep looking at this DAC and wondering about it..

tube guitar amps always sound awesome compared to solid state.. especial ones with 12 AX7 tubes in the preamp which that tube dac has.

i once had a solid state guitar amp that had a tube preamp.. and it sounded allot like a full blow tube amp.. i also have a tube pre amp for acoustic guitar and that sure sounds nice when directly hooked to a pa system or acoustic guitar amp. so i kind of wonder what a tube preamp/DAC would bring to the table on my stereo.
Cambridge Azur 651A
Polk LSi M703
Sonos Connect

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Jolida tube dac II

Have rolled tubes but have used it the last 4yrs at LSAF. It's been a nice solid performer
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • dannylightning
    Options
    are the stock tubes junk ? i figure its got the cheap Chinese tubes in it.

Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    The DAC is at Russman's house in Dallas, not sure what tube we put in it.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @dannylightning - I have had mine for a few months and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I will be selling mine as I will be moving in a few months and I'd like to lighten the load as much as possible.

As for tubes, I have the Russian EH tubes, a pair of NOS GE's (1960's), and a pair of Japanese tubes I picked up from @snow. They all sound good and each has its own sound signature. Roll 'em through the DAC and see which set appeals to you the most then keep the others as spares or roll 'em if you're looking to change things up.

It's a Pretty solid piece of gear. I've had a number of pieces from Jolida and all were well made.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • dannylightning
    Options
    thanks for the opinions so far. its something i am thinking about getting when i have some extra money laying around, got a few things i need to take care of at the moment so im not looking to pick one up yet thanks for letting me know your gonna be selling one tho..
    Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect