Fireworks !!!

Options
chumlie
chumlie Posts: 8,658
I hate them now. Guess I'm just getting old and crusty. Been six hours non stop around here. I figure another two or three to go today and we can have repeat session for the next three days.

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    First world problems..... ;)
    As I sit here in another hotel room in a state far from my home.... I hear the same styled pyrotechnic reports you speak against.
    I wish I could be home just to hear that. To kayak across the cove and see the Cades Landing Ferthof Jerly farworks display.

Have you ever seen the joy on a childs face when a double fountain erupts before their eyes?
    Wondering how those sparkles are in the sky?
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Yeah the natives are getting restless its been going on for a couple of weeks. I rekon they watch Hee Haw reruns until dusk get a 30 pack of Busch Light and a Bottle of Hot Damn and let em rip, another two weeks and they should run out of the next two months worth of their mortgage payments, to support their fascination of fireworks 30 packs of Busch Light, and bottles of Hot Damn.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Fook off, Steve.....
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Strictly as counterpoint: I love fireworks -- they're (heh-heh-heh) even legal here.
    Indeed, we may have been party to setting off a few small ones last night.

• mhardy6647
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Our farmer-neighbors had a pretty serious backyard fireworks show two years ago -- I took a bunch of photos, but they display my lack of photography skills more than they do the quality of the fireworks (which really were pretty amazing.

19008139814_bc728cd266_b.jpg219 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    I like em a lot. Our family reunion lights off fireworks every year. This was from last night.ob01e6gkl6au.jpg
    90ejvkpfbju5.jpg
    fziustlqqhhv.jpg
    m95of6vd76qj.jpg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Forgive me I love to blow stuff up....
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Like I said. Must be getting old & crusty. :) I used to really enjoy them. Now it's just noise and a big mess all over the street. City living at it's finest.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    chumlie wrote: »
    Like I said. Must be getting old & crusty. :) I used to really enjoy them. Now it's just noise and a big mess all over the street. City living at it's finest.

Notice we never questioned that aspect...
    Now get off my lawn!!!!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    We had a bonfire at last night's festivities, too -- nothing like starting a blaze when much of the wood is wet from 2" of rain yesterday. An admixture of gasoline & Diesel fuel, and a fair amount of pine boughs did get the job done, though.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,273
    Options
    I was getting my hair cut yesterday, and the barber and I got to talking about the 4th and fireworks.
    Like I told him, I'm no scofflaw, but there's 2 laws that I really don't care if I follow them or not.

1. Fishing without a license in the Mississippi River without a fishing license.
    I'm not going to eat anything, I just have to get a line in the water early in the
    spring before I get my license, so bite me.

2. Fireworks on the 4th.
    If the neighbors don't have an objection, let 'er rip.
    IT'S THE 4TH OF JULY FOR GAWD'S SAKE !!

Sal Palooza
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I can't wait for PA to release it's antiquated laws on pyrotechnics... We sell the good stuff, just not to our own citizens??? What sense does that make!!??
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    The neighborhood is booming tonight! My old grumpy neighbor, who goes the bed by 9(WTF) is going to be unhappy.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    No, it's not me lighting then off.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I remember spending $500+ on fireworks, not now day's with Audio gear I could buy with the $$$
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Going off like crazy around here as we spreken. Its only July, 2nd and im sure many have to work tomorrow. Not me tho...hehe...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited July 2017
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    I have small children. I hate them... the fireworks that is.

Bah humbug

https://youtu.be/XchwE9zVdnw
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Before you go haten, try to imagine our Independence Day without them.

The wife and I sat out on our patio last night after the kids went to bed and enjoyed a few drinks while many neighbors were lighting off. IMO it's one of our best traditions.
    Post edited by jeremymarcinko on
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant