Get rid of Vanilla

Options
BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
I just edited a review of the Shunyata Denali and this stupid, useless, crummy, worthless, idiotic, moronic, poorly written software gave me a message that my post has to be approved before it appears.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    What's Shunyata Denali?
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    I had the same experience a week ago. I redid the post and then it showed up twice.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • BlueFox
    Options
    I despise terrible software, even my own. LOL.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    Either that or the size of his cables offended someone. Haha
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Vanilla has a special built-in feature that prohibits posters from writing reviews of any product without having null hypothesis and triple-blindfold test results to back-up their claims.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I had responded to the post, and now my brilliant reply has also gone to the wayside :/:/:'(:#:#:#
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,454
    Options
    Strange to see this now - I edited a word in a post I wrote earlier and it whacked the last few lines of it.
    I disabled signatures.
  • BlueFox
    Options
    Vanilla has a special built-in feature that prohibits posters from writing reviews of any product without having null hypothesis and triple-blindfold test results to back-up their claims.

That might be true. It certainly seems to fit their design model with the moronic built-in censorship.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    If you find a post hasn't been posted, contact me and I will release it from the spam queue and make sure nothing you post will be sequestered in the future.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    If it contains a link, sometimes Vuhnillya puts it on 'hold'. Not sure if that happened in your case.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    What was funny is that is what up long enough to actually comment on it then we saw my comment post, then the thread disappeared
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• BlueFox
    Options
    Yes. After you commented, I noticed two to in a row. :)

So, I edited it, and then it goes into a spam queue. LOL.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    Options
    If you find a post hasn't been posted, contact me and I will release it from the spam queue and make sure nothing you post will be sequestered in the future.

Thanks Ken. This was the first time this has happened to me, and it seems others have had this happen. I wonder if there was a software update that also has a bug :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • msg
    Options
    Okay, I just figured out what my problem was. I was writing a post from a tablet/smartphone, and used an emoji from the device's keyboard. Everything after and including that emoji got dropped.

Watch this. I'm going to pay someone an very nice compliment after I insert a sheep emoji...

Russ is a
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    See? The rest of it had to do with Russ herding sheep up to the edge of a cliff.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    See? The rest of it had to do with Russ herding sheep up to the edge of a cliff.

Probably had to do with how he was "herding " the sheep..
  • txcoastal1
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Herding is not his style, a good one-on-one and a baahhhhh after midnight....Now that's Russ

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,333
    Options
    He finishes off the evening with a pee in the bushes nightcap, fixes the local streetlight that's out then moves on to a date with 5 finger Rosie and the pillow.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    He finishes off the evening with a pee in the bushes nightcap, fixes the local streetlight that's out then moves on to a date with 5 finger Rosie and the pillow.

Tom

Who roomed with him at LSAF :o

• msg
    Options
    I heard it was the four sisters on Thumb St.
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Tom

I disabled signatures.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Okay, I just figured out what my problem was. I was writing a post from a tablet/smartphone, and used an emoji from the device's keyboard. Everything after and including that emoji got dropped.

Watch this. I'm going to pay someone an very nice compliment after I insert a sheep emoji...

Russ is a

.....Sheet forker?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    If only I could curse on vanilla.....

And Tom was quite receptive to my advances at LSAF.....he said he loved me. B)
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    This was the first time this has happened to me, and it seems others have had this happen.

I never have it happen.

The software must be able to sense my natural superiority. :smiley:
  • msg
    Options
    ca6iyn5sqs0p.gif
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,333
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Who roomed with him at LSAF :o

Oh Chit! That one's gonna leave a permanent mark.

*walks away, very slowly backwards without saying a thing, disappearing into the darkness of the night, never to be seen or heard from again*

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    That wasn't what he was thinking when you locked him out of the room :p

oh wait he did that himself didnt he! :#:p
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Several of us had one of those nights that just kicked our-a$$

• BlueFox
    Options
    Youse guys are getting old. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    no, were are getting older! you forgot the 'er
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Youse guys are getting old. :)

Uhhhh, who was late to show at Skips gathering, because he was feeling a little under the weather...Hmmmm

I still have the text message...BF :D:D:D:D