Shunyata Denali 2000T review

Options
BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
After going for a few months I have decided it is time, again, to tweak the stereo with some upgrades. As I have posted a few times, my philosophy is clean power, cables, and vibration control are the foundation of a good stereo, and the better the foundation then the better the stereo. A solid foundation allows the other gear to work at its optimum.

Although I was very happy with my system I also knew that improvements were possible, but wasn't overly anxious to try anything. Then for whatever reason, I thought, why not. Let's spend some money. LOL

Since Shunyata had just released their next generation power conditioners and cables, they were a natural upgrade path. Magico also released new spikes with vibration elimination technology, so that too was an option.

After a little thought I decided to buy another Shunyata Denali 2000 power conditioner, and the Magico SPODs. The new Shunyata Sigma cables will be next, but in a month or two. I already had a Denali 2000 I purchased for the TV in the HT, but I later learned the Denali 2000 is designed mainly for amps. It has no current limitation, and uses the noise reduction technology from Shunyata's Medical Science division.

Before today, I was using Shunyata Cyclops v2 power conditioners on my amps, and they sounded great. Certainly better than plugging the amps directly into the wall. However, they did have a slight current lag, but the great noise reduction offset that. After thinking about this I felt the TV just needed the Cyclops. Hence, I ordered another Denali to use on the stereo, and it arrived today.

I installed both Denali at 3 this afternoon, and now 4 hours later, the stereo is starting to warm up.

While I really won't be able to judge it until later tonight as the system warms up, the air cools down, and the ambient noise decrease, my first impression is positive. While the music seems a bit clearer, along with vocals having a better 'edge' to each word, that will have to wait until later to really judge. However, I can say that the bass is more precise and hitting. That jumped right out at me. Hopefully, as the amps, and associated power cables, adjust to the Denali then things will continue to improve.

Since the SPODs are also supposed to tighten up the bass, and overall coherence, in the music then I expect these two upgrades to have an overall effect of getting new speakers. Can't complain about that. :)

The one thing I dislike about the Denali is they stand upright versus the Cyclop, which was flat on the floor. This let me place the Cyclop under the rack, while the Denali has to be on either side of the rack.

Anyway, as I gain more experience with this upgrade I will post it. I will say I have yet to be disappointed with a Shunyata product.

8bf31ddzldx2.jpg
2k4f5wpl4acs.jpg
nl72a44n1blp.jpg
frnsb35isyga.jpg

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    SNAKES on A PLANE!!!!

Nice bro
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Groundhog day
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Deja vu all over again.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    These don't look quiet as nice as the others.