On a binge again...

Comments

• DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,537
    edited July 22
    $25 on the Polks. I saw them too.

There's been some nice deals in this area lately. Had been a wasteland for audio purchases for a long time.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 738
    @DaveHo what we're those SDAs going for in that little k that was pulled?
    $140, but they were the 2 tweeter/3mw per speaker version of the 2's with incorrect tweeters, and mw's that looked like the surrounds might be dry rotted.
    I've been a bad boy... And at it again. I'll get pics a bit later, but iirc since my last installment it's 2 pair 10b, super early pair of 7s and a pair of M12s plus a smaller set of Sony APMs and a pair of infinity S3001?
  • You go guy! >:)
    Studio 2 equipment;
    Yamaha a-s2100 Amp, CD-2100 CD player, T-S500 tuner
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth p3esr, Polk RT7
    Cables: Aural Harmony Sonnet Interconnect II, WireWorld Equinox 7 speaker,
    Black Cat silverstar 75 ohm digital, Signal Digital Power Cord, PS Audio Perfect Wave AC-3,
    Pangea SE14, Voltz supplied interconnects
    Optional: Arcam DV88 DVD/CD (HDCD) player, Polk SDS-400 speakers
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,027
    FestYboy wrote: »
    I've been a bad boy... And at it again. I'll get pics a bit later, but iirc since my last installment it's 2 pair 10b, super early pair of 7s and a pair of M12s plus a smaller set of Sony APMs and a pair of infinity S3001?

Are you renting a warehouse for all these speakers or are you cutting out the middleman and building your own?
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, RTA 11T X2, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    edited September 15
    My 2.5 story garage was full of Festivas before all this binging started... And I didn't have room then, lol. But where there's a will there's a way.

I really just want to get a few missing models and then I can feel like I can stop.

Monitor 4 or 4.6
    Monitor 12
    RTA 8
    RTA 15TL
    SDA 3.1

Id love some big boys, but I don't have a a room large enough for them to breathe.

Any other suggestions to the list?
    I know it's fun to collect speakers, but you could have one really great pair instead of a whole bunch if mediocre ones for the money you've likely laid out.
    Trust me when I say that there is no real money in my collection at the moment. The most involved piece is the RTA 12b at $250 everything else including my NAD came in well under 200, most pieces being 80 or less...
    Add Polk monitor 9As to the fold...
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,608

Dang, dude! You have worse than me!

• Except for the where they are stored part. :p
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought.2.3tl's and 3.1tl's
    McCormack DNA 0.5 Deluxe
    Dared SL 2000a
    Marantz HD-DAC 1
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009 Sunfire Signature 425x5-B&W Cdm1nt Cdm Center Channel-Rel Strata iii sub
  • Picks or it didn't happen :p
    Studio 2 equipment;
    Black Cat silverstar 75 ohm digital, Signal Digital Power Cord, PS Audio Perfect Wave AC-3,
    Tomorrow I swear... I need to document all this anyway for insurance purposes.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 38,154
    Tomorrow I swear... I need to document all this anyway for insurance purposes.

They're going to laugh.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

edited September 26
    Blanket coverage... They can't laugh. If it's under my roof, it's covered.

A laugh would be documenting my movie and vinyl collections... About 1500 pieces combined
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    Except for the where they are stored part. :p

Valid point, Dennis.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,098

Pair of those here, too! :)
    lightman1, lemme know if you want me to drag 'em out when you get up this-a-ways; they're not nearly as bad as some folks claim!

The originals with the Motorola piezo might be, but the 9As have the Peerless silk dome tweeter. But, heck, all y'all knew that already.
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

Sounds like a plan, Doc. Never seen nor heard a set.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,098
    It's on the docket --
    PS Mrs H is back & she has been warned.

:)
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 1,568
    lightman1 wrote: »

Dang, dude! You have worse than me!

No one is going to believe that!
    Modest HT - Sony STRDA3700ES, RT800i, CS400i center, RT25i surrounds, Def Tech PF 15TL+, Belkin PF30, Sony BDP-S390.
    Bedroom - HK AVR 340, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS245 center, Yamaha YST-SW160, Furez 10/2, Roku 3
    edited September 27
    Ok so here are 2 quick pics, the woman had me running all day so detailed ones need to wait.
    n5whmkfn0f4w.jpg
    hdk5pmr4es6x.jpg
    e55pd3etwxw0.jpg

Left to right on the last pic:
    10A
    Behind them CRS-SDA
    10A
    In front:
    Infinity SR3000.1
    Very early 7s still in box
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,889
    Hoarder!
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
    Not I said the fly...
  • so THAT is why the price of vintage Polks are going thru the roof. :D
    Studio 2 equipment;
    Man if stuff 'round here was priced like it is out west... I'd have had my collection completed and then some already.
  • xschopxschop Posts: 635
    Think of yourself as more of a curator.
    Register as a museum, accept artifacts as tax-deductible donations... Everybody wins.
    I like the way you think, sir!!
  • KrytenKryten Posts: 17
    LOL Festyboy, at least I have resisted many equalizers. See my post here
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2351919#Comment_2351919 regarding a 2nd pair of monitor series 5. Addicts seek out other addicts?
    Well I did it again... This time on eBay.
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=263286392401&alt=web
    I think I did ok... What say the forum?