Dayton Audio Spikes 2 Sets

Options
I have 2 sets $50 Shipped these are M6 Thread these are brand new, I have had these for a few years, forgot I had them till a couple weeks ago.. These are a two piece system.. rbboo8wo9e0r.jpg

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
    Options
    That's $50 for both sets shipped...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    Decent spikes, especially if you don't have any and a good price too boot.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    edited June 2017
    Options
    No brainer here. One other thing is you can buy a set of these to go in them if you need taller spikes. Just order them in the same thread M6 they will match right up.

http://www.daytonaudio.com/index.php/loudspeaker-components/speaker-cabinet-accessories/speaker-spikes/dss3-g-gold-spike-set-4-pcs.html

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Would these work well with my LS90's?
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited June 2017
    Options
    o9xw3a7pjh81.jpg

I use these...this...this! is a real mans set of spikes. Hand forged by a true craftsman and set into my Jolida transport with a surgically precise touch of a 7lb ballpeen hammer.
    Larry sells dreams and vapor like solutions... buyer beware.......
  • lightman1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Dang it all to Heck....I forgot to put the winky face emoji in at the end. Just to make sure the uninitiated understands that I meant no emotional harm to Larry and his FS posting.
    In fact!.... I shall spare no expense in having a participation trophy cast in the likeness of the person who purchases these wonderfully worthless tweaks.

Regretfully signed,
    Lightman Russ
  • hochpt21
    Options
    I've been around long enough I should know, but I've actually never spiked a pair of my own speakers.

I've been thinking about spiking my LS90's....does anyone know if these would work with those speakers?

Are spikes kind of a 'universal fit' sort of thing?
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited June 2017
    Options
    M6 and 1/4-20 for speakers, stands and larger amps
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    Your LS90's have 1/4-20 threads, so remove those inserts, then screw in the M6 inserts. Good to go.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    Options
    Hey...@hochpt21..... spike away. Regardless of threading inserts.
    If you can make your speakers "float" .....more power to ya.
    I have a similar design of speaker that has spiked outriggers. They float ;) above the floor yet transmit a low end like no other.
  • lightman1
    Options
    ....and...if I find out where you live....may God have mercy on your soul.
    Or house, car, azelias......
  • hochpt21
    Options
    Well don't I feel like a donkeys butt... or an asses ****.

Got home from work and tipped my speakers. By golly they have little feet with threaded inserts. I was not aware.

I think I'm going to look for a set of spikes that fits the threads already there as opposed to replacing the inserts.

I'm going to pass on these, and hopefully they sell soon.

Larry and Jesse, thanks for the info.

@lightman1 I'm not to worried. I think we could get into some trouble together...
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
    Options
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 862
    Options
    Dang, just saw these and im too late.