Last one in the nest ready for high school

Options
BlueMDPicker
BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
edited June 2017 in The Clubhouse
Our youngest, Geri Ann, is headed to high school next year. Seems impossible.

She will be attending a magnet school for the visual and performing arts (VPAs) similar to her middle school experience where she received this award at commencement:

outrmve4e7of.jpg

She was also inducted into the National Junior Honor Society this year as well as receiving a Principal's Award for a 4.0 grade average throughout middle school. This fall, she begins her 5th season with the Sarasota Youth Orchestra as a violinist.

Sandy and I are super proud of the talented and gracious young woman she has become!

iazyobtddi30.jpg

Post edited by BlueMDPicker on

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    Congratulations to you guys.
    Seems no small feat these days, keeping kids on track.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Beautiful girl. Sounds like she has a bright future in front of her. There's nothing better than seeing your children succeed and outperform even your highest hopes. Congrats.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Oh my, little Geri has grown up. Mike, please say, "Hi and well done" to her for me.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Excellent achievements including you parents. Congrats and well done
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words @msg @Jimbo18 @F1nut and @txcoastal1 !

Geri and her brother Mitchell used to both sit on "Uncle Jesse's" lap at the same time. Seems like yesterday.

We dropped her off for two weeks at FSU Orchestra Camp yesterday in Tallahassee. Her first big adventure away from home without a parent, grandparent or sibling. I'm sure she'll have a great time with many fond memories and stories to tell.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Awesome job dad! Congrats!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    That's awesome Mike! Big congrats to Geri. Such a very nice young lady, due I'm sure to the fine parents she has. You and Sandy should both be proud!

-Al
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Thanks so much @rooftop59 and @scubalab ! Geri plays with such emotion and attack that even practicing scales before her grouping audition will raise goosebumps. :)

oeqq0i0a17dw.jpg
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Job well done, outstanding she must have great focus and grit and determination. I wish her the best in her endeavor.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Geri and her brother Mitchell used to both sit on "Uncle Jesse's" lap at the same time. Seems like yesterday.

Indeed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Congrats, with her determination she will go very far in life!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Congrats Blue! that is awesome.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Thanks so much @gudnoyez @cfrizz and @voltz !

After we got her situated in her dorm the other day, Sandy took a pic of Geri sitting on her bunk bed. I didn't see the pic until we were back home and instantly recognized the same "look" from a pic Sandy took on Geri's first day at kindergarten - determination to overcome the butterflies and succeed. Love that girl! Last pic (I promise). BTW - her audition placed her in the top grouping of students. Nailed it! :)

7ptjwpfh0zcs.jpg

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    Awesome job dad. Next thing you know she will be getting a masters in aerospace engineering.

The one thing that always makes a parent happy is seeing their kids do great things :)
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You should be very proud. She's a lovely young lady.