Fall Shindig - October 14, 2017

13»

Comments

• voltzvoltz Posts: 4,675
    m4swro3l8dbv.jpeg
    2imqod2yh0ns.jpeg
    zzvvccy31nje.jpeg
    kgribauis5ku.jpeg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,543
    Good time at Skip's as always.

All three systems were just awesome. Too bad they are all out of my price range :(

In a nutshell, great music, great conversation with some really good folks, and BBQ that was better than either the music or the conversation.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,813
    edited October 14
    ^But did it make you smack yo momma? Cause that’s what @marvda1 promised
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    Skip,s dad & Marvin made some excellent BBQ and what his wife did behind the scene cooking cleaning fix up the food was super cool and special. She is one of a kind so Kudos to her for all she did.

Another great time and thank you Skip for doing this again.

Sad that it is over
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,336
    Yes, Skip and wife are good people. Last year was an experience. Although, we didn’t have a black curtain last year. :)
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 484
    edited October 14
    That looks great! Is it set up so the amp powers both sets of Rossos, making 2 listening rooms back-to-back? I imagine they aren't run simultaneously? (Then again, what do I know?) :p

P.S. i can haz sum brisskit pix plz?
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 484
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Yes, Skip and wife are good people. Last year was an experience. Although, we didn’t have a black curtain last year. :)
    "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain." :p
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,543
    Viking64 wrote: »
    That looks great! Is it set up so the amp powers both sets of Rossos, making 2 listening rooms back-to-back? I imagine they aren't run simultaneously? (Then again, what do I know?) :p

You are correct, sir.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
    edited October 15
    Viking64 wrote: »

P.S. i can haz sum brisskit pix plz?

just had to change out the speaker cables to switch between them.

I didnt get a pic of the upstairs room with the bigger Sienna speakers - breath taking speakers ... because every time I was up there I was too lost in the music to think straight and take pictures.

and I help skip carry the 100+lb amp upstairs to feed the Sienna's .

every set up was so awesome, those Mastersound amps are game changers...very special gear...if I could ever afford something like them, they would be in my future setup!

13»