Fall Shindig - October 14, 2017

OK gents. If you want to see how us Texas dudes do it right, here is another opportunity. The 2016 version went off exceptionally well and included Polkies from coast to coast. This one will be bigger, badder, and tube-ier. You will DEFINITELY want to see/hear the gear that will be present at this event.

This one will also extend beyond the Polk brethren and is open to anyone who wishes to attend. Last year's attendance was right at 35-40... this one should exceed those numbers handily. Parking may become an issue, but the house should accommodate most and if it doesn't, I've also got a greenbelt next to the house for a getaway.

This will be a PITA for me since I'll be getting back from RMAF a few days prior, but the party MUST happen. I put everything I have into hosting these meets and your attendance makes it worth it. Anyone who is willing to help on Friday night to set up is definitely invited.

I am now living in Arlington, TX, just 20 minutes away from DFW Airport. I should be able to host a few that cannot afford hotels for a night or two.

If you need some influential powers to convince you to bring your ears down to Texas, just review the 10 page thread about last year's event: http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/173592/2016-fall-audio-bash-north-texas#latest

This is happening. Will you be a part of it?
audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, iFi LS3.5
Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
Cabling: Wireworld
TV: Sony XBR-75X940C

Comments

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,155
    In :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 2,720
    Also in B)
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,709
    I'm sure @lightman1 will make an appearance...

Seeing a mythical creature in the flesh may attract or scare people away lol....

Hopefully attract more than scare :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,505
    Yep....Clear your calendar, Dan. ;)
    bqbxd1j9ch66.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    I've been working out and taking vitamins.....
    Better prepared for this years event! :p
    edited June 23
    lightman1 wrote: »

Those little blue pills, 12oz curls, while listening to the Rocky theme doesn't qualify as "working out"
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,709

yawhey.jpg

vccdj.jpg
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Those little blue pills, 12oz curls, while listening to the Rocky theme doesn't quantify as "working out"

I'm saving the blue vitamins just for you, sugar britches.....

Those little blue pills, 12oz curls, while listening to the Rocky theme doesn't quantify as "working out"

I'm saving the blue vitamins just for you, sugar britches.....

You sure your girlfriend won't mindnxvn6foflu6l.jpg

^^^^ Just a reminder, kids. Don't procreate with family members. This is the result.... :s
  • halenhalen Posts: 179
    ^^^^ Just a reminder, kids. Don't procreate with family members. This is the result.... :s

Haha. Too funny. Stay away from Arkansas.
  • halenhalen Posts: 179
    I am in.
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,639
    I'm In!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    voltz wrote: »
    I'm In!

Dammmnnn....I'm out :p
    I'm In!

Wait..I thought you was driving!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

I'm In!

I need you anyway, who else hangs out with me till 3am ;)
    Cause your the Coolest B) and ya need a sidekick!

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,434
    I'm In!

I need you anyway, who else hangs out with me till 3am ;)

How quickly one can forget... :)
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, iFi LS3.5
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    I didn't for get you....awww how cute
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,532
    That is one cup holder i do not need..
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That is one cup holder i do not need..

He leaves her at home, to much Tequila makes her mean :D B)
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,532
    I'm betting the Tequila has nothing to do with that meanness.

Shaking head running away....
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,117
    Russ is trying to convince me (no need to really convince me...) but I would like for my wife to come but she is being obstinate.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    Silverline Sonatina MkI, LSi15, LSi7, LSiC, LSiFX, LS/FX, DSW MP2000
    If you can't make it, understood. Would like see you come back for LSAF and hangout again
    Bump.
    audiothesis.com/

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,178
    Won't be able to make it due to gaining custody of my kid and the increased costs associated BUT I do expect pictures and I look forward to them. I do make yearly trips to Texas and usually fly into Love field so hopefully soon I can pop by.
    Living room

Mains: SDA 2B Studio
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12
    Power: Marantz SR7000 Preouts to Yamaha AV34
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved

2 Channel/Bedroom

*under construction*
    Polk TSI 200
    Power: Marantz PM235
    CDP: Technics SL-PD688
    TT: Pioneer PL510

Noggin Rockin'

Grado SR80e
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Paradigm Monitor 90
    Polk RTA11TL
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    Come see me guys! 6 weeks away!
    audiothesis.com/

BIG news to share - you heard it here first!

Not only will Jessica, the CEO of North Star Design be at this event, but Lorenzo from MastersounD will also be showing. This event will be international!

If you are on the fence, get off. This is a perfect opportunity to talk directly with those in the know. There's going to be oodles of gear to gawk at to boot.

If you've never been to one of my events, this isn't a 'small' thing for me. I go all out and turn the place into an audio funhouse. Guys come in for the weekend and make it a unique experience.
    audiothesis.com/

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,312
    Sounds like an even bigger event this year, and I had a great time last year. However, since I am going to FL for the last week in September, and then to Peru for two weeks in November I am going to miss this year. Enjoy.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.