Options
FTGV
FTGV Posts: 3,649
edited June 2017 in The Clubhouse

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,428
    Options
    Canadian snipers hold three of the top record slots.
    Their rounds have "Terribly sorry about this" printed on them.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    Nope they have. " take some of this" printed on them. And they dole it out well.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    msg wrote: »

You mean it says, "I'm sorry you are the bad guy, and I'm really sorry I have such good aim eh!"
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    If you heard the shot, you were NOT the target.

Quite an awesome shot though.

No excuses!
  • FTGV
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

You mean it says, "I'm sorry you are the bad guy, and I'm really sorry I have such good aim eh!"

He must have had his morning Timmies before spoiling that poor terrorists day.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options

I can't stand their coffee but I heard that they set up shops on some of the middle east bases.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    The wife and I love their coffee. We call the them rah rahs around here, but I'm not sure how that got started.

"I'm going to get some rah rahs (or just rahs for short) you want something?

Heard it called TimHo's too, that makes more sense.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    'Merica runs on Dunkin'

Canada runs on TimHo?
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Reach out and touch somebody!!.....Would be interesting to find out the optics he was using and the spotter crew too....Heck,the naked eye can't even make out a form at that distance...
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Iron sights B)
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    Would be interesting to find out the optics he was using...

I'd like to know that too. Back in '09, Harrison used a Schmidt Bender 5-25 FFP scope set on 15 power for his 2,475m job. ~$7K for that glass. Took 9 to range it, then down to business.

I struggle along with a Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 FFP on my DEZ .308. Getting to like a Tango6 3-18 SFP of late.

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • msg
    Options
    Rich, what does it mean, "took 9 to range it"?
    I disabled signatures.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    Him and his spotter took nine shots to accurately range the target.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    I use a PSO-1 custom mounted on my 14.... Unlikely pairing but gets good results..wouldn't even think of making that shot the Canadian did with my rig..Three klicks...I'm still shaking my head at that one..
  • msg
    edited June 2017
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    ah, gotcha.
    how's that done in a tactical situation where you can't just fire test shots?
    experience?
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ah, gotcha.
    how's that done in a tactical situation where you can't just fire test shots?
    experience?

You dial it in to the best of your abilities you shoot the spotter tells you what and where. They're not all one shot one kill. When you're looking at 1-2mi shot there is just a lot of guesstimation as to what the wind is doing way out there. That is why it took 9 shots to dial it in.
  • FTGV
    Options
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    Would be interesting to find out the optics he was using...

I'd like to know that too. Back in '09, Harrison used a Schmidt Bender 5-25 FFP scope set on 15 power for his 2,475m job. ~$7K for that glass. Took 9 to range it, then down to business.

I struggle along with a Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 FFP on my DEZ .308. Getting to like a Tango6 3-18 SFP of late.

So not likely to have used a Nikon BuckMaster 3-9 x 40 with BDC reticles. :D