The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    TForan wrote: »
    Auto or manual? Like I have to ask !

Only available as an auto...but with built in line lock and a host of other tasty bits.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Be very careful!

ob65zsnz405w.jpg

Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • ZLTFUL wrote: »

Only available as an auto...but with built in line lock and a host of other tasty bits.

That's right. I was thinking of the Hellcat.

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Tasty bits that can easily turn into pieces.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    BlueFox wrote: »
    If you want a tangible investment buy property or gold, or both. Land is the best investment ever.

Yes on the land. Aside from volcanoes in Hawaii, land isn't being created, but the population keeps increasing. Cars are hit and miss, and I suspect the emphasis is on miss.

Drive the thing, and hope gas doesn't increase in price.

I'll quote something I heard a very long time ago..."Why,land is the only thing worth fighting for...worth dying for...because its the only thing that lasts".... Truer words were never spoken...
  • I don't think the OP was looking for the best investment possible, instead he wanted one that's fun to own and maybe it will have a long term appreciation. If not,I think he'll be OK.
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    It is a risk, but given the track record of other very low volume cars and the historic nature of this particular car, it is a risk worth taking. I already have an offer on the table at double my buy price...

In todays world if I had a double offer on the table for that car I'd grab it.
  • One just sold on Ebay for $112,000, so if someone offers $170,000, take it in a heartbeat.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    One just sold on Ebay for $112,000, so if someone offers $170,000, take it in a heartbeat.

No way! I'm going to drive and enjoy it first. I will never forget my first ride in a roadrunner with a 440 6pack that push back in the seat the feel of my face sliding off to the sides OH MUCK YEA you never forget that.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    One just sold on Ebay for $112,000, so if someone offers $170,000, take it in a heartbeat.

No way! I'm going to drive and enjoy it first. I will never forget my first ride in a roadrunner with a 440 6pack that push back in the seat the feel of my face sliding off to the sides OH MUCK YEA you never forget that.

Absolutely two different worlds. A RR might hit the mid 14s and the Demon is below nine seconds.

• pitdogg2
    I understand completely. Do you know why NHRA banned them?
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »

Under 10 second cars need roll cages and other safety equipment. You can get around it by running over ten seconds, which everyone but pro drivers will run.

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Back in 69 or 70, our cousin (female) bought a Dodge Super Bee. I think that her fiance was a major influence on her selection choice. :) He took us out for a little test ride late one evening and my, oh my. Proof that there is a heaven after all.

But I'll have to say, John's little grocery shopper would put that Super Bee over its knee and give it a sound spanking.
    And even if he were to experience a little "mechanical mishap", he could put that on Ebay motors with an ad, "Dodge Demon. Piston peeking through cylinder head, transmission pieces boxed in trunk, 5% off MSRP, you pay for your own shipping", he'd be able to make a sale.

Sal Palooza
  • Don't be this guy. A day at driving school will not prepare you for what that car can do.

ECCjDQC.jpg
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited June 2017
    I would only buy a car like the Demon if I was going to drive it.

Absolutely two different worlds. A RR might hit the mid 14s and the Demon is below nine seconds.

The Demon is not a sub 9 second car. It's a sub 10 second car.

You'd need over 1,000 ponies to go below 9 seconds

• Yea, you're right.9.65 with the optional kit and 100 octane gas and a really good driver.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034

the Ebay bid was for the right to take another guys slot to buy one. the winner of that bid still has to pay for the car and taxes...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • TForan wrote: »

the Ebay bid was for the right to take another guys slot to buy one. the winner of that bid still has to pay for the car and taxes...

No, it's the whole car. You can buy a place in line for around 20K.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Dodge-Other-/302352206240?hash=item46659889a0:g:zbAAAOSwd~RZRHQA&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=lxdyfzR6ouUInVN2wnW%2FpZgs04A%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
  • nooshinjohn
    edited June 2017
    Quoted from the listing...

Prospective owner will pay the MSRP. This sale is for the first spot to order a dodge demon at the local Delaware county pa dealership. I have already paid the dealer markup over MSRP which held the spot .This car has not been ordered yet so the person who wins the bid can customize to their own liking at the dealership. I will accompany the person who wins to the dealership. Please contact me with any questions. Thanks

The buyer bought the spot. The customer must still pay the MSRP.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • $112,000 over sticker ? That's absurd. What I saw on some forums, guys were paying 10-20K over. There going to make 3000 of them this year, so not exactly rare.
  • nooshinjohn
    We have a Saudi Price offering 300k for one...

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Under 10 second cars need roll cages and other safety equipment. You can get around it by running over ten seconds, which everyone but pro drivers will run.

Correct. According to the local Dodge dealership at the time I asked putting a roll cage in one will void the warranty. They were in talks with Dodge at the time so that may of changed. One would think that with all they are packaging up with this platform that a roll cage would of been part of the package.
  • We have a Saudi Price offering 300k for one...

Who's we ? You were offered 300K ? Dude, it's still a Dodge. Take it!

• nooshinjohn
    edited June 2017
    I work for a Dodge dealer... B) We received 14 in allocation, but Our dealer agreement won't allow us to sell it for export.

• 14 Demons ? Must be a BIG dealer. Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy the Hell out of yours. :)
  • nooshinjohn
    NOT a Demom, but this is the color.qdz18n63iq78.jpg

The Demon looks like this...5o9jd8bdno36.jpg

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I'm surprised that car would even be allowed to be sold in Cali, with the emission control standards
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Buy 2 and sell 1.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Buy 2 and sell 1.

Unfortunately there are checks and balances for that...rules put in place by Dodge
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    one per customer to be exact...

This discussion has been closed.