The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,394
    Viking64 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    We expect nothing less from you, Doc.
    Doc? I get it. He's one of the 7 dwarves! (I refuse to call them "dwarfs". That's like saying Toronto Maple Leafs. "Leaves" is the plural of leaf. Every backwater, cousin-kissin' numb-skull knows that.)

Anywhich, if Mark is "Doc", who here is Grumpy? Bashful? Dopey? Sneezy? Happy? Sleepy? Creepy? Junkie? Tipsy?

Dopey here....
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,394
    edited December 2017
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    We expect nothing less from you, Doc.
    Doc? I get it. He's one of the 7 dwarves! (I refuse to call them "dwarfs". That's like saying Toronto Maple Leafs. "Leaves" is the plural of leaf. Every backwater, cousin-kissin' numb-skull knows that.)

Anywhich, if Mark is "Doc", who here is Grumpy? Bashful? Dopey? Sneezy? Happy? Sleepy? Creepy? Junkie? Tipsy?

Lightman is all of the above..

He's Peripatetic.

actually, maybe he is all seven -- rolled into one. Kind of a macrodwarf.

6'3" 210lb Dwarf......a vexing conundrum...

A roaming giant gnome.... ;) Thought you could slip one by me, Doc?
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,509
    6'3" 210lb Dwarf......a vexing conundrum...
    There has to be at least one to put on the tree topper
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,353
    edited December 2017
    A roaming giant gnome....

Why am I put to mind of that rock classic Spill the Wine by Eric Burdon and War.

...As I fell asleep and dreamed
    I dreamed I was in a Hollywood movie
    And that I was the star of the movie
    This really blew my mind
    The fact that me an overfed long haired leaping gnome
    Should be the star of a Hollywood movie, hmmm...

(emphasis added)

:|

EDIT: only the leaping gnome part -- not the overfed, nor the long haired nor any of that other stuff...
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 28,935
    charley95 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    charley95 wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    If you were closer, I'd be happy to install PPF on it for you. I can't recommend 3M though, lately it's been a PITA to use/install. They've messed with the adhesive and it's reacting poorly with the color or print layer. Makes things more difficult to install than it used to be.

I've got a guy coming down from Chicago on thursday that does ExPel who does work for a local dealer here. A friend of mine uses him on all of his vehicles and is impressed with his workmanship. I bought a new black Lexus and it has the 3M on the partial hood and fenders from Lexus on the factory window sticker. I still haven't gotten a clear answer as to whether the dealer or factory installed the film? Maybe you might know?

I must say, I'm not impressed with the 3M film. There's some wrinkled areas and scratches will not compound out from paint correction. He's gonna cover the front bumper,headlights,rockers,bottom half of the doors, rear bumper sides,door handle cups,painted sill areas on door openings,A pillars, small area in front of sun roof,side mirrors,install clear door edge guards all for $1400. Does this sound reasonable to you?

I don't know what the rate is to have all of that covered but, it sounded pretty reasonable to me considering the fact he's coming to my house to install. Did you get training on install and how is your business? I'm almost considering becoming an installer myself if there's a market in my region. I'm not real sure though since my city is economically depressed. It's fascinating to watch you guys install this stuff.

You talking about that clear finished protection they put on them for the hood/mirrors/etc ?

I have that on my RX-350....hate it. Why ? While it works to some degree to protect from those little nicks and dings from road debri/rocks, it still doesn't protect against all of it. You can't really fix it either, and after a while looks like crap. You wax the car and the wax is caught along the lines and builds up making those lines more apparent over time.

Nothing is going to stop everything, I get that, and when you spend big bucks you want as much protection as you can get. I wish those people who make that hard shell candy coating for ice cream cones made something for automobiles . :)

I get it Tony. It's not a 100% but, they are making improvements on the product. Every time ya wax you take a tooth pick to clean up the edge. Some colors show it worse than others. My buds white Jeep shows it considerably. I'm not sure how it will look on black over time. I think it has a 10yr. warranty if I'm not mistaken, not sure though, I'll ask the installer. One nice thing about is if it gets mild scratches hot water clears it up. The 3M guy on here should chime in and give us pros & cons of the product. This car won't be a daily driver anyway since I'm retired. I just know our black RX is looking crappy with all the rock chips on it and I use Dr. Color Chip on it. If you use a thick wax on yours I could see why it would look bad on the edges. Don't know about your RX but, mine has very soft paint that chips quite easily.

I hear ya man, even Lexus doesn't make 'em like they used to. My 96 once got keyed and I asked the body shop to repair it to factory spec, no Earl Shibe paint jobs please.

Spec was something like 11 coats of paint and 3 coats primer. That car hardly ever chipped. My 09 chips like crazy if something hits it. Granted, certain colors are worse for showcasing the chips but I feel Lexus quality is slipping a bit from the 90's era models. I also have a 99 gs300 with 280 on the clock, and that body has less chips than my 09. Tell ya what though, none of my lexus cars ever had a speck of rust on them, even after 20 years.

In any event, nice ride you have, and the Demon I'm sure will be a monster.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony BRP
    Tad bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,656
    Fleet mileage is a huge priority so if they can save weight, paint is one of the areas. Every little bit helps, especially on high volume cars/suvs, etc.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 28,935
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Fleet mileage is a huge priority so if they can save weight, paint is one of the areas. Every little bit helps, especially on high volume cars/suvs, etc.

I doubt it's because of weight for transportation purposes. Possibly weight to meet increasing MPG requirements. Another area where they have been cutting weight is with your rotors. My 90's era cars had rotors you could turn 3 times before replacing. Now, even new ones are so thin you have to replace them with every brake job....and they warp easily.

I don't want to de-rail John's Demon thread, so my apologies John. I'm sure you'll enjoy the new ride, and junior will too in 16 years when he steals those keys while your asleep. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony BRP
    Tad bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,425
    John, are you out of jail yet?

afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,864
    Where do these chase scenes find freeways with little traffic?
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,425
    BlueFox wrote: »

Everywhere outside of California. ;) Denver gets pretty bad, I'm sure Houston and Dallas do, etc. but man... California traffic is riiiiiidiculous.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,509
    BlueFox wrote: »

The chase was at 12:30 and the east side is all port and industrial
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 9,658
    I like how they kept calling the car a doger or charger.... yep journalist are still on top of it :*
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,693
    The final takedown is how I picture Lightman at an Omega-Mu rush event...
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,393
    Here is a still frame from the film "Phantasm". Not a >:) but I just thought I would post this here.

puibywavlzwg.jpg
  • NotaSuvNotaSuv Posts: 2,499
    Any word on your Demon yet?? At only 5k over dealer asking price yours should have been delivered as the ones being delivered to Fl were bought 10-15k over asking....
    I was just wondering if there had been any word on this one?
  • charley95charley95 Posts: 630
    Has the Demon been delivered yet?
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,448
    It is built and on hold now for more than a month...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Burning in

;)
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,393
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Burning in

;)

Yeah, a good 100,000 miles at redline.
    It is built and on hold now for more than a month...

What gives?
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 17,448
    edited March 15
    The cars have had several issues pop up during assembly, including catching fire on transport trucks, rear main seal failure, fit and finish, mis-routed fuel lines... typical Dodge stuff.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

edited March 15
    You mean, being part of Fiat hasn't improved Chrysler's products?

;)

In seriousness, it's good that they're trying to be proactive in fixing glitches before the car gets to its buyer -- especially in the case of a pricey "special".

• heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,656
    The cars have had several issues pop up during assembly, including catching fire on transport trucks, rear main seal failure, fit and finish, mis-routed fuel lines... typical Dodge stuff.

Sounds promising! Sounds safe! :o
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 2,393
    The tile of this thread should be,

The Demon is coming , apart

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.

Memes are sign language of the ignorant, for the ignorant

We use to lock up the mental cases to protect the children. Now we need to lock the children up to protect them from the mental cases.

wonder how many transport trucks have been immolated? :|

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 759
    How did they light on fire when they are on the back of a truck not running? Either way, that is gonna be awesome, enjoy it.
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CD/DVD player: Sony DVP-NS700P
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones

Pc gaming setup
    Headphones: JBL Synchros e30
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-v665
    PC: Lenovo g50
    Cables: all generic

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale)
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    How did they light on fire when they are on the back of a truck not running? Either way, that is gonna be awesome, enjoy it.

Just like the Fords did many years ago. Like your TV, DVD player or AVR when you shut them off they are not really off. Many components stay on and energized so when you hit the car fob it starts. One bad part can over heat to the point of fire in some cases. ESPECIALLY if it has anything to do with say a fuel flow and say FIRE i.e. spark...
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 624
    Bring it out to Pomona and run it down the track if they’ll let you. I’ve read that you can’t run it down the track without a roll cage though.
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; FXi4s ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Polk PSW 350 Sub

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 759
    Oooh ok that makes sense. I didn’t think about the fact that the computers in the cars stay on all the time.
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CD/DVD player: Sony DVP-NS700P
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones

Pc gaming setup
    Headphones: JBL Synchros e30
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-v665
    PC: Lenovo g50
    Cables: all generic

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale)
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!